Author Topic: Dunleer R.C. parish registers  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Clones1818

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dunleer R.C. parish registers
« on: Monday 06 June 16 18:28 BST (UK) »
Hello

The digitised NLI microfilm records show the baptisms for Dunleer begin 1847.  The Rootsireland source list says they begin 1798.  The FindMyPast British civil service age of evidence records seem to confirm there are some baptism recorded for the 1830's and and early 1840's.

Can anyone please advise whether there are full baptism records for Dunleer for the 1810's, 1820's, 1830's and why they were not microfilmed?  The county centre were vague on the subject when I emailed them.  I have subscribed in the past and didn't find what I was looking for at the time (baptisms of Sullivan's, Sorahan's, Sullahan's in the 1820's and a decade either side).

There also seems to be a gap in the baptism records from 1825 onwards in a number of parishes in Louth.  Tallanstown and Kilsaran for example.  Does anyone know why this is?

Is there a list of R.C. parish registers that have not been filmed anywhere?

Thanks

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Dunleer R.C. parish registers
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 June 16 18:40 BST (UK) »
Try the link on the bottom of each parish page to see a summery from Irish Ancestors
https://www.johngrenham.com/records/rc_church.php?churchid=0217&parish=Dunleer

bit odd that none of the gaps are mentioned, not even on the source page of RootsIreland and I always thought they warned about possible gaps like a sort of health warning to cover themselves.