Author Topic: morgan family  (Read 760 times)

Offline jimmyboy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
morgan family
« on: Thursday 09 June 16 15:58 BST (UK) »
hi was wondering if any one could help me find this family William morgan b/feb 14th 1848 I think he was born in bedwellty ?he married a sarah dec 25th 1867 she was b/7 dec 1848 they had 4 daughters annie b /nov25 1868 . agnes b/ nov 6 1869 . louisa jane b/oct 14 1871. edith ellen b/19 apr1875  thank you jimmy

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: morgan family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 June 16 17:29 BST (UK) »
I have found a family that almost fits with your names and dates on the 1871 Census living at Railway Terrace Bedwellty  William Morgan's occupation was a Time Keeper.
On the 1891 Census I found Agnes and Louisa Morgan living with their stepfather Nicholas Jones a Coal Miner and mother Sarah Jones at 4th Row George Town, Bedwellty. Agnes is stated as born  1870 Mountain Ash, Glamorgan and Louisa 1872 Blaina, Monmouthshire.
There was a marriage 29/10/1881 between Sarah Morgan a Widow age 31 and Nicholas Jones a Collier age 23. Brides Father Daniel Williams a Mason and Groom's father Nicholas Jones Iron Worker .
There was a marriage in 1866 Bedwellty between Sarah Williams & William Morgan so this could be the Sarah you are looking for and William must have died between 1871 & 1881 and Sarah remarried.
There is a death record for Edith Ellen Morgan age 12 years in 1887 Bedwellty, so that could have been William & Sarah's daughter.
I hope this gives you something to work on as there is a possibility it's the family you are looking for.

Kind Regards,

Ellen

Offline jimmyboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: morgan family
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 June 16 14:31 BST (UK) »
wow thanks you so much long story I went to this church because my parents were the frist to marry in the church got talking to the lady about my family and she   give me the  bible a few years ago by a person in a church in neath south wales there was names of the morgan family she throught that it could be my family but it wasn't so I have been trying to find out about them so my be one day I could give it to the family its very old and very big thanks for all your help jimmy