Author Topic: Request for lookup of PHYSICAL/ORIGINAL Grenfell Record and Lachlan District Adv  (Read 3156 times)

Offline transparu

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Folks,
I am doing some research for a family member and have come against a problem using Trove. There is a problem with the image of the Grenfell Record, 16/10/1886, toward top left hand corner of page 2. It seems as though a piece has been cut from it and about the top half of the first column is missing. See:
http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/117578478

I have contacted Trove people and they suggest going to the source.  I am not in a position to physically access the original Grenfell Record and Lachlan District Advertiser.

It is a bit of a long shot – and a tall ask - but if anyone is in either the National Library or the State Library of New South Wales and could possibly get an image of the missing part, I’d be most grateful.

Thanks folks

Yates (Tamworth, Staffs), Yates (Leicester), Probert (London, Westminster, Bath), Argles, Robinson (London, Westminster), Jessop (Westmeath)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Request for lookup of PHYSICAL/ORIGINAL Grenfell Record and Lachlan District Adv
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 June 16 01:00 BST (UK) »
Have you considered using the "Ask a Librarian" option via email or phone 

NSW State Library : http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/research-and-collections/ask-librarian

National Library : https://www.nla.gov.au/askalibrarian

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline transparu

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Request for lookup of PHYSICAL/ORIGINAL Grenfell Record and Lachlan District Adv
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 June 16 04:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks JM,
No, I hadn't - but will.  Thanks for the useful suggestion - you must read an AWFUL lot of posts!
DY
Yates (Tamworth, Staffs), Yates (Leicester), Probert (London, Westminster, Bath), Argles, Robinson (London, Westminster), Jessop (Westmeath)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 June 16 04:19 BST (UK) »
I was born and raised "on the Lachlan" and you mention Lachlan in your heading, so I often read through the current topic headings   http://www.rootschat.com/  I don't read all the posts on all the threads. 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 June 16 15:53 BST (UK) »
The Grenfell Historical Society is usually quite helpful, if you have problems there.

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline transparu

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Thanks Dawn.
I might give them a try though don't think they have the papers there. Plenty of interesting material in the museum. I've been into it three times.
DY

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Maybe not, but maybe someone there would/could see if the local paper has it.

Or you could use the Ask a Librarian service at NLA or NSWSL

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline transparu

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Thanks Dawn,
Waiting on a reply now.
DY

Offline Voltaire1694

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
I often go in to the NLA and this paper for that date is there both in hardcopy and on microfilm (mfm NX 171). If you are unable to secure through Ask a Librarian (or it has a exorbitant cost), let me know by PM.  Craig
Heyer, Wray, Fullgrabe, Kayser, Beecken (all Upper Sturt or country South Australia)