Author Topic: Looking for Robert Renwick  (Read 983 times)

Offline pelirroja

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Robert Renwick
« on: Wednesday 15 June 16 15:49 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for info about Robert Renwick, the younger brother of my grandfather, James Renwick.  Their parents were William Johnstone Renwick and Jessie Nichol Murray.  Robert was born on November 18, 1896 in Cavers, Roxburghshire, Scotland.  He is listed in the Scotland census of 1901 at the age of 5 years but then disappears.

On FamilySearch I located two Robert Renwicks in the United Kingdom, World War I military records.  One was Robert Renwick from Hawick, Roxburghshire, Scotland and the second Robert Renwick was from Lanarkshire, Scotland.  I couldn't access the documents to see the birth dates and names of parents.  Would someone with access to these records be willing check those facts for me?  Any ideas where else could I find info about Robert?  I've don't want to buy more credits on ScotsPeople.  Thank you in advance for all help and suggestions.

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Robert Renwick
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 16:16 BST (UK) »
Hi,

The Robert Renwick from Hawick, Roxburghshire was aged 33 when he joined in 1916. His father's name was Robert

The other Robert Renwick was aged 20 when he joined in 1916, unfortunately no parents names recorded. Address  - 88 Caledonian Street, Motherwell.

JJ

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 16:51 BST (UK) »
Just to note -
SP have a death for a Robert Renwick(mother's maiden surname Murray) 1974 Kilmarnock Ayr , born c1896.

ev

Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline pelirroja

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 19:20 BST (UK) »
JJ, Thank you for the checking out the military records of the two Robert Renwicks.  I now know that neither one is the family member I am seeking.

Ev, Thank you for checking SP because you've found the correct Robert Renwick, whom I've been trying to find for 5 years!!  Did you happen to notice if he had been married?  I'm very grateful.   

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 20:32 BST (UK) »
I used the death index on SP to find that info. , the certificate is too recent to view online so would need to be ordered(unless someone is willing to do a lookup at one of the family centres).

Can't be 100% sure that is the correct person , although there isn't that many Robert Renwick's born in Scotland c1896.

ev

Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline pelirroja

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 22:10 BST (UK) »
Ev, Thanks again, and I can certainly look up the death certificate at a Family Center myself.  I've always wondered why Robert Renwick disappeared because my grandfather, his sister and another brother are easily found in genealogy resources.  Guess I'll never know.