Author Topic: Can't locate Mary Elizabeth WRIGHT 1891 UK census  (Read 1146 times)

Offline mead researcher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Can't locate Mary Elizabeth WRIGHT 1891 UK census
« on: Thursday 16 June 16 05:28 BST (UK) »
Hello on Worcestershire board
I don't know if anyone is able to help with this as I have spent a lot of time searching for this lady in just one missing census through the years......

I cannot find the following person on the 1891 UK census:
Mary Elizabeth Wright born 16 Jun 1839 Chaddesley Corbett, Worcestershire
I have her on 1841 & 1851 in Chaddesley Corbett with parents
I have her on 1861, 1871 & 1881 in the household of Frederick Fitch (physician & surgeon) & family.

As for 1891 – I have not been able to find her.

On 21 Apl 1892 she married William Young (my widowed great grandfather) in the Parish Church, Chaddesley Corbett, Worcestershire she then became Mrs Mary Elizabeth Young.
Less than 3 months later, on 13 Jul 1892 her new husband William Young died leaving her a widow.
On the 1901 census she resides at 521 Coventry Rd., Aston, Birmingham, Warwickshire – she is shown as Nurse/Housekeeper/Domestic - she is listed as S (single) (widowed).
(Also living at 521 was Annie Ellen Jennings, S, age 26, General servant domestic).

In December quarter 1901 she married James Atkins in Aston, Birmingham.
On the 1911 census James Atkins and his wife Mary Elizabeth Atkins are residing 57 Langley Road, Small Heath, Birmingham – married 10 years.
She died as Mrs Atkins 8 July 1912 at Small Heath, Birmingham and was cremated Birmingham Crematorium.
Fingers crossed that someone might have a magic wand to wave to somehow find where she was hiding in 1891.  :)

Barbara in Australia

Researching:
BEST, BRAME, KNIGHT, LEWIS, McSHEEHY, O'NEIL, SCHUETZE & WILKE

http://www.kirchneryoungtreeoflife.bndon.com
Researching:
BAGGALEY, BARTHOLOMEW, BOYD, CLIFTON, GALLAGHER, GEERTZ, HARBER, HARBOUR, KIRCHNER, McDONALD, MEAD, PETER, TAYLOR, YOUNG

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can't locate Mary Elizabeth WRIGHT 1891 UK census
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 June 16 19:46 BST (UK) »
Where was William Young in 1891?

Offline mead researcher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 June 16 23:43 BST (UK) »
Hello chempat and thanks for your reply.
In 1891 William, widower, Relieving Officer (Poor Law Union) - was living 20A Sutton Rd., Kidderminster, UK with daughter Kate aged 12 and Mary A Felton Serv. Widow age 67 Housekeeper, Dom. born Kidderminster.  (His son Frederick William Henry Young aged 14 was living with and apprenticed to his uncle James Young (stone mason) and wife Sarah in Aston, Birmingham).

Still hoping.....

Barbara

Researching:

Researching:
BAGGALEY, BARTHOLOMEW, BOYD, CLIFTON, GALLAGHER, GEERTZ, HARBER, HARBOUR, KIRCHNER, McDONALD, MEAD, PETER, TAYLOR, YOUNG

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 June 16 10:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbara

Have you tried putting all the families Christian names down along with their ages & place of birth but leaving the surname blank - it can take some time to go through all the results returned but as a rule you can pick up on enumerator errors this way.

Good luck & I hope it works for you

All the very best

Phil
Somerset (born in Worcester city)

ps if you would like a look up done on the parish registers for Chaddesley Corbett I will try & do it for you as I spend 3 holidays a year in Worcestershire & go to the record office 6 times each holiday-the next one will be in August

Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline mead researcher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 26 June 16 08:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks philheeks for your reply and suggestion.
Mary Elizabeth WRIGHT had
1 sister Rosa - died 1857
1 brother Thomas George b. 6 June 1844 ChaddesleyCorbett
I have him on 1851 Village of Chaddesley Corbett with parents John & Jane, siblings Rosa & Mary.
I have him on 1861 Boarder - 26 Park St., Stourbridge, Worcs. UK - Solicitor's Clerk - with John & Susan STORRER, children Henry & Elizabeth STORRER.

After that he is as elusive as his sister Mary Elizabeth  :-\

Think it's all too hard  :(

Thanks again.

Barbara
Researching:

Researching: