Author Topic: Rhesus Negative Factor  (Read 22489 times)

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rhesus Negative Factor
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 27 July 16 11:24 BST (UK) »
I'm AB Rhesus negative - can trace my ancestors back to mid 18th century, and all from Yorkshire.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 27 July 16 11:46 BST (UK) »
My Mum was Rhesus D Neg and the only problem she had was when my Brother was born...he had to have a blood change...she called him a "Blue Baby"  ???

Carol

My OH's mother had the same issue with her second child  but not with the 3rd they said because there was a 8 year gap between the 2nd and 3rd.
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 27 July 16 11:55 BST (UK) »
I doubt having an 8 year gap would make a difference, it's possible that the 3rd baby was Rh Neg or that by the time the 2nd one was born, although he was a "blue baby", the anti-D vaccine was available and mum was given that.

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 27 July 16 12:02 BST (UK) »

Well that's what she said anyway, but then who knows, all I do know is she went on about the 2nd one being a "blue baby" because of her blood.    OH is RHneg not sure about the other kids
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 27 July 16 12:09 BST (UK) »
If you OH is Rh Neg, then the chances are baby number 3 was also Rh Neg, so didn't have any problems.

I had a baby adopted in 1960 and I've just sent her an e-mail to ask what her blood group is (we got back in touch about 15 years ago).  If she has Rh+ blood it could have caused problems with the children I had later if I hadn't been fortunate enough to have a husband who obviously has both positive and negative genotypes. (See pharmaT's post for explanation).  The Anti-D vaccine wasn't available until after I'd had my 4th child in 1968 and when I had the 5th in 1974 his blood was tested and found to be Rh- so I didn't need the vaccine.  I've since found out all the children with my husband are Rh negative.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 27 July 16 16:05 BST (UK) »
I'm rhesus negative too...obviously descended from gods and Angels and all that  ;)
Am actually expecting my second child too (13 years after my 1st...must be mad lol) and have to have that anti-d injection a bit later on.
My mom isn't rhesus (can't remember what she said she is, a or o??) so must have come from dads line.
Thank god for modern medicine! I remember reading that Queen Anne was probably this blood type too and that was why she had such a tragic child bearing history (18 infant deaths and numerous miscarriages if I remember right).
Lisa X

Everybody is either rhesus positive or negative and everybody is either O,A,B or AB. For example I'm A positive and my husband is OK positive. Overall the most common blood group is O positive.  O negative is the universal donor meaning any one can  have O neg blood in an emergency.  AB positive is the  universal acceptor and can safely get any blood in an emergency although fully cross matched is always preferable.

The rarest blood group is AB negative due to the combination of genotypes needed and the odds of having a child with that blood group.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 27 July 16 16:15 BST (UK) »

OH is AB neg, me being A neg, I still had the shot after son was born as a precaution but not after my daughter.

I think it is an underlying reason why so many of our ancestors lost children soon after birth or had many miscarriages....

Gods, Angels and Aliens are preferable ancestors than the reptilian ones that some believe we are descended from..... ::) ;D ;D

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 27 July 16 16:18 BST (UK) »
I always knew I was unique (well almost)  8) 

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 27 July 16 16:46 BST (UK) »
OH is AB neg, me being A neg, I still had the shot after son was born as a precaution but not after my daughter.

Time was when they always gave Rh Neg mums the vaccine as they couldn't be sure the husband was actually the father  ::)  Of course if the baby is Rh Neg, then no vaccine is required so perhaps your daughter has Rh neg blood too.