Author Topic: Rhesus Negative Factor  (Read 22425 times)

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
Re: Rhesus Negative Factor
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 08:08 GMT (UK) »
As I said earlier, the Rhesus factor is too complicated to discuss on here.  I was told, when I found out my blood group (Rh A-) that my parents couldn't be my parents, but they definitely are.  I look exactly like my dad and his sisters and my mother definitely remembers giving birth to me!!

I am Rh A- negative and my husband is Rh B+ but all our children are rhesus negative.  One is AB-, another is A-, the others are O-negative.  In simple terms A group is actually AA or AO, B group is BB or BO but it could be that my group is A-O- whilst my husband's (as our children all have negative blood) must be B-O+ or B+O-, it cannot be BB - in any form - or none of our children would be O- and they are, so despite the fact that positive is supposed to be the dominant factor, there was actually more chance of our children ending up Rh negative which some of them did (we have 5).

Read http://rhnegativeregistry.com/rh_negative_rare_and_basic_blood_types.html for a simple explanation.

Offline a-l

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 11:07 GMT (UK) »
I'm just an A so can't add anything. What a fascinating thread to read , thankyou. I'm sure we have all learned from it. :)

Offline macwil

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 11:20 GMT (UK) »
Slightly off-topic (apologies).

Whilst pregnant my eldest sister was informed she had a rare bloodtype, when she had recovered she was implored to become a donor.
Only one problem, the mere mention/sight of blood sends her queasy and the proximity of a syringe has been known to cause her to faint. :o ;D

Needless to say, she did NOT sign up.

How she survived having three children I will never know! ::)  ;D
Active links are now (after 13/04/2018) indicated by bold red italics. Just click on them.
The only stupid question is the one not asked

WILSON; Lancs, Lanrks.
BERRY; Lancs.
BORASTON; Salop, Worcs,
TYLER; Salop, Herefords.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Very interesting thread. 
Alone out of 3 siblings I have the B- grouping, and had to have the injection after my first son was born in 1978.

I made my first donation when I was 21, in the crypt of St Martin's in the Fields at Trafalgar Square, London, and have been lucky to remain healthy, so continue to be a regular donor.

Apparently only 2% of the doning population are B- group, which can be used for patients in 4 different groups: B-, B+, AB- and AB+ because of the presence of antigen B, and the absence Rh antigen in my blood.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Jo Michelle

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Friday 20 April 18 23:40 BST (UK) »
Hmm. I came across this website while googling DNA and RH - Factor. Someone on here said that it is common along the iberian peninsula and basque people and I've heard this before.

I'm RH- and just did my DNA at ancestry and it says that I am 7% from the iberian peninsula. If anyone on here comes across recent studies about this, please do mention :)

Thanks.

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Saturday 21 April 18 14:42 BST (UK) »
I had my DNA done by a company called 23andMe, which seems to give slightly different results to Ancestry DNA tests, however it shows I am 2.5% Iberian and 2.8% Southern Europe, also 0.1% Asian where Rh Negative is also common.

Interestingly, I am only 42.2% from British & Irish United Kingdom, and the rest from all over Europe, a little Ashkenazi Jewish (which I had guessed) and a bit of Asian.

Offline diplodicus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Remember, no great adventure started with salad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 13:07 BST (UK) »
A chap called Stephen Oppenheimer has written a new paperback on then origins of some of us Brits. You can view his presentation on Youtube at:

This is Part 1 and lasts 22m 15s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEL7nCM5itg

Part 2 lasts another 22m 58s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFQiuGvxMd0

The Celts of what is now The Basque Country populated the western fringes of Northern Europe following the end of the last ice age c15,000bp.

There is a brief mention of distribution of blood group B and also Rh -ve alleles. The distributions are not the same and Rh- doesn't share the same distribution/migration as B

Thomas, Davies, Jones, Walters, Daniel in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. That should narrow it down a bit!
Vincent: Fressingfield, Suffolk, Stockton & Sunderland.
Murtha/Murtaugh: Dundalk & Sunderland
Ingram: Cairnie by Huntly, Scotland then Abergavenny, Monmouthshire.
Bardouleau: London - in memory of my stepmother Annie Rose née Bardouleau who put up with a lot from me.
gedmatch.com A006809
Kit uploaded to familytreedna.com B171041
Y-DNA R-M269 & mtDNA U5b1f

Offline JewellersGranddaughter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday 27 June 18 03:53 BST (UK) »
Hi there

I hope this isn't too off topic, but I was wondering if there was any research to find out if there is a genetic link amongst people who are rhesus negative and if it could help with DNA testing and tracing ancestors. Or am I barking up the wrong tree, so to speak?

I did attempt some research about rhesus neg on the interweb, and hastily retreated after finding most of the information to be about being either a descendant of the nephilim, aliens, serpents etc or subject to other alarming claims. I did feel like I should hide in a darkened room and check for fins.

I don't know much about DNA testing, so I do apologise if this is a stupid question, but I did wonder if the two could help establish a link.

best wishes

I am one of those reptilian space aliens. We supposedly often have red hair and green eyes. That explains a lot in my case... ;D (Off to check for fins.)

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 27 June 18 05:29 BST (UK) »
I read an article some time ago relating to the frequency of alien visitations to this planet.

The comment was, if there have been so many visits, what is it about this very minor planet, circling a very insignificant star, that has created a veritable crossroad for said aliens.

I doubt that it can be the humans who are supposed to be the dominate species.