Author Topic: Elizabeth Maybell/Mayvilld  (Read 755 times)

Offline nichbuket

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Maybell/Mayvilld
« on: Friday 17 June 16 15:23 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I came across a film index FHL #1593875 for a marriage between Thomas Gwinn and Elizabeth Maybell 22 Feb 1725 Bosbury. Right after I found a film index FHL
#0973142 IT 2 for a marriage between Thomas Gwinn and Elizabeth Mayvilld 22 Feb 1725 Bosbury.

I'm assuming these are both records of the same marriage and just an issue of transcription differences.  I have been unable to track down the actual film image through family search or ancestry.  I was wondering if anyone had an idea of where I could track it down online.  I'd like to look at the document myself to clarify last name spelling.

Thanks!
Nich
Klein, Comiss, Theobald, Hanney, Bernath, Salomonovics, Yakimovsky, Putney, Barlow, Beard, Gibbs, LeVierge, Tree, Trinder, Carter, Malpass, Crampin, Spurgin, Warner, Parker, Medcalf, Amer, Arnold,  Connelly,

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Maybell/Mayvilld
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 June 16 04:45 BST (UK) »
It comes up as Maybell on FindMyPast and the groom's name has one "N", but unfortunately the parish record isn't available to be viewed.

Don't know if this helps but there was a Thomas Gwin baptised 9 June 1703 in Bosbury to parents Benjamin and Sarah.

Cheers
Caz
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 June 16 04:56 BST (UK) »
Just to confuse the issue if you type "Gwinn" in the search box on the link you get:

Thomas Gwin and Elizabeth Mayvilld married 22 February 1725/26.

http://www.bosburyhistoryresource.org.uk/Marriagesearch.html

Caz
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline nichbuket

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 June 16 12:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks.  It's the same on ancestry and family search. Looking for either of those last names in the area around the time found absolutely no Mayvilld's in England and I don't believe there were Maybells in the area. 

I have Gwynn spelled a bunch of ways in my tree: Gwynn/Gwynne/Gwyn/Gwin/Gwinn/Gwinne.  I am sure both of these entries are for the same couple and I'm leaning toward the Elizabeth's last name being Mayfield.  There is a Mayfield family in Ledbury (12 min away) with an Elizabeth who was born around the correct time.

I asked family search if there was a way to review the transcribed film, but was told they have other projects they are working on and they won't review already transcribed film.  It was added that they're are working on a system that would allow free members to make suggestions for transcription errors/puts the film online and that until that is available just put both names on my tree.  I thought they would share the film with my "local" family search center (5 hours away but I would have attempted the trip) but my request was ignored. :(

I appreciate your assistance.
Nich
Klein, Comiss, Theobald, Hanney, Bernath, Salomonovics, Yakimovsky, Putney, Barlow, Beard, Gibbs, LeVierge, Tree, Trinder, Carter, Malpass, Crampin, Spurgin, Warner, Parker, Medcalf, Amer, Arnold,  Connelly,