Author Topic: Look up request  (Read 368 times)

Offline bobcollier

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Look up request
« on: Saturday 18 June 16 15:37 BST (UK) »
Is it possible for somebody to look up an entry in the Irish Petty Sessions Court Registers 1828-1912? This has just come online apparently, according to Find My Past.

This is the entry I'm interested in:

First name: Sophia
Last name: Jeffreys
Year: 1876
Role: Defendant
Court: Drogheda
County: Louth

My wife's great grandfather Jeremiah Jeffrey, who was a British soldier from Cambridgeshire, England, married a Sophia Martin in Drogheda in 1872 and I'm curious to know if this is the same person.

Many thanks.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Look up request
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 June 16 16:16 BST (UK) »
Hi,

The court record is as follows;
24 January 1876 - Owen Nugent and Sophia Jeffreys - Stockwell Lane.

'For that on 18 January 1876 deft. did refuse possession of a house situate in Stockwell Lane Drogheda after notice to quit.'  Outcome ; No appearance dismissed without prejudice.

There are a couple more entries with different names in the same vein - maybe more information in the Irish Newspapers.
West Yorks; ---- Illingworth, Marshall, Muffit/Muffett/Murfitt, Barber, Sanderson, Townend, Barraclough, Lister -- and lots more. Locations mainly in Birstall parish - Hartshead-- Drighlington --Adwalton --Mirfield - Heckmondwike --Kippax - Sherburn in Elmet.

Ireland ------Cleary, Whelan - Nenagh.
Dowling - Monasterevin
Daly - Westmeath

Lancashire ---- Smith from Alston , Johnson and Fairclough---- Tarleton and loads more from Tarleton and Accrington areas.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline bobcollier

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look up request
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 June 16 16:32 BST (UK) »
Not the same person.

Thank you so much for your help!  :)