Author Topic: Who is John Narrow from Perth wa  (Read 4890 times)

Offline AustraliaJack

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Who is John Narrow from Perth wa
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 04:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi so after a year of more research i have find that john narrow is john naral
From the 1899 Guildford police occurrence book which supports the death cert.
his father is Narrall and his mother is Jigat this information comes from Fanny Balbuk one of the informants in Daisy Bates anthropology work in 1904 onwards

Offline suegar

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 05:24 GMT (UK) »
:)

do you have the 1883 marriage ... and or the 1899 death .... I doubt there's much to be gleaned from either, so I am not suggesting you purchase these, but if you have copies ... what info is available from these

JM
Yes. I have the 1883 marriage and the burial record of Thomas Bland in 1885. I have PM'd you.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 05:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have replied to your PM

:)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline mollipops1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 09:15 GMT (UK) »
In the same way that  words like 'bastard' or 'illegitimate birth' are no longer words used everyday at the dinnertable they are words we, as family history buffs, clearly undertand are descriptors that help in the search for our ancestors.

JM

I was referring to your own example, above. And I used the term 'you' in a general sense, not meaning you specifically. (Of course in hindsight I should have said 'born out of wedlock' or 'born before marriage' would be said today rather than illegitimate or bastard.)

As long as terms are used 'in a genealogical context' and with no intent to offend, apparently it doesn't matter. I was merely building on your example.

In any case, since this thread has been marked as completed by the OP, perhaps it can be moved now.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 08 February 18 00:03 GMT (UK) »
In the same way that  words like 'bastard' or 'illegitimate birth' are no longer words used everyday at the dinnertable they are words we, as family history buffs, clearly undertand are descriptors that help in the search for our ancestors.

JM

I was referring to your own example, above. And I used the term 'you' in a general sense, not meaning you specifically. (Of course in hindsight I should have said 'born out of wedlock' or 'born before marriage' would be said today rather than illegitimate or bastard.)

As long as terms are used 'in a genealogical context' and with no intent to offend, apparently it doesn't matter. I was merely building on your example.

In any case, since this thread has been marked as completed by the OP, perhaps it can be moved now.

This post has undergone modification since its initial posting.  I had read it firstly prior to the modifications. 

I continue to understand that the use of 'you' in the two instances  I have cited (both in the one sentence) are directed to me and are not referring to anyone else. 

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 08 February 18 00:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm looking for infomation on a ancestor of mine known by John Narrow all I can find is a death cert
Narrow   John      55   Unknown   Unknown   Swan River      2250   1899

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 08 February 18 00:08 GMT (UK) »

.... As you mentioned, you would suggest someone was illegitimate, not say they were a bastard child!

Would I ?  I doubt it.   I doubt that I have ever referred to any individual person as illegitimate at any time in my life, not even in my many decades of family history.  I am astounded that you have made that comment about me,  you have never met me.

JM

Offline mollipops1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 08 February 18 00:21 GMT (UK) »

I continue to understand that the use of 'you' in the two instances  I have cited (both in the one sentence) are directed to me and are not referring to anyone else. 

JM

Well that is how you have read it but it wasn't my intent. Apologies for the poor phrasing.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 09 February 18 06:11 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, mollipops,  it is good to read your assurance.

JM.