Author Topic: Irene Claire Walker & Annie Elizabeth Walker  (Read 2867 times)

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Irene Claire Walker & Annie Elizabeth Walker
« on: Monday 20 June 16 09:45 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on Irene Claire Walker and Annie Elizabeth Walker daughters of Harold Walker and Annie Hunt.  The following is what I know:

Harold Walker married Annie Hunt in 1908 in Annandale, New South Wales, Australia.  They had the following children:
Irene Claire Walker born 21 June 1910, Annandale, NSW married in NZ in 1929 to Walter John Wright Munro, occupation Railway employee.  They had one known child, William John Wright Munro born c 1933 died 2 July 2011.

Annie Elizabeth Walker born 1912, Annandale, NSW, married in NZ in 1930 to Stanley Wilfred Williamson, occupation Civil Servant.  Stanley died in 1934 and is buried in Karori cemetery.  According to his Probate record they had one child.

Harold D Walker born 1915, Annandale, NSW died 1932, Redfern, NSW buried Rookwood cemetery.
James George Walker born 1918, died 1977, NSW

Harold Walker sought a divorce from Annie Walker in 1925-1927 on the grounds of desertion.  Decree Absolute granted in 1927 in NSW.  I don't know what happened to Annie.  Did she come to NZ with her two daughters?

In particular I am looking for info on Annie Williamson and her child.  I found Annie in the 1938 electoral roll living at 55 Crofton Road, Ngaio, Wellington, widow.  I have checked the NZ DIA BMD index to see if she remarried but can only access the index to 20/6/1936.  I can find nothing further in the indexes for them.  I have also checked the electoral rolls for NZ and Archway.
Probabte records on familysearch have also been checked.  I have also searched on Paperspast.

Did Irene and Walter Munro have any other children?

I have previously posted on the Australia board which provided me with some of the above info and gave me further leads.

Can anybody help with additional information?

Wendy

Offline Beg Clonrode...

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Irene Claire Walker & Annie Elizabeth Walker
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 June 16 10:51 BST (UK) »
Hello...

PM sent with a year of marriage and a possible listing in the White Pages

Regards
Beg

PS - All good :)

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 June 16 11:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks Beg.  PM reply sent.

Wendy

Offline Beg Clonrode...

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 June 16 11:26 BST (UK) »

PPS:

To fellow chatters - my PM had nothing to do with the following...

Quote from: WendyNapierWalker
Harold Walker sought a divorce from Annie Walker in 1925-1927 on the grounds of desertion.  Decree Absolute granted in 1927 in NSW. 

I don't know what happened to Annie.  Did she come to NZ with her two daughters?

...so I'm guessing any help there would be appreciated.

Regards
Beg

Offline Beg Clonrode...

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 June 16 04:20 BST (UK) »
Hi again...

Have just checked the 2015 Hutt South electoral roll. The White Pages listing I gave you is for the right lady and her husband.

As she would be in her mid-eighties there's a good chance she'll know all the answers.

Maybe write her a letter :)

Regards
Beg

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 June 16 05:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks.  Good idea!

Wendy

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 24 June 16 08:59 BST (UK) »
I have today received a copy of the marriage entries for;

Irene Claire Walker who married Walter John Wright Munro on 10 August 1929.  Irene has given her mother's details as Annie Kenyon formerly Walker nee Hunt.  Annie Elizabeth Walker, Lyall Bay was a witness to the marriage in the Baptist church, Vivian street, Wellington.  Irene died in 1987 and is buried with her husband in the Taita cemetery, Lower Hutt.

Annie Elizabeth Walker married Stanley Wilfred Williamson on 3 April 1930 in the Registrar's Office, Wellington.  Annie has given her mother's details as Annie Walker nee Hunt. Stanley died in 1934.  Annie remarried to Jasper Denis Sexton in 1939.  Jasper died in 1979.  Annie died in 1991.

An Annie Elizabeth Hunt married William Kenyon in 1945.  William died in 1950 and Annie died in 1951 in Wellington.  I have requested a copy of their marriage entry.

Wendy

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 10 July 16 08:29 BST (UK) »
"James George Walker born 1918, died 1977, NSW"

Do you have his death from NSWBDM as I can't find it?

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 10 July 16 08:40 BST (UK) »
Is this him?

WALKER James George 17449/1941 Harold and Annie age 23 date 10-9-41, registered Newtown

Buried at Rookwood with Harold Walker age 74 date 2-8-63 zone D Section 14 Grave 6675

The only death I can find for a Harold in '63 is with parents Samuel and Matilda Walker, registered Newtown

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams