Author Topic: Irene Claire Walker & Annie Elizabeth Walker  (Read 2864 times)

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Irene Claire Walker & Annie Elizabeth Walker
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 July 16 08:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Jamjar,

I have today been advised by a family member that he was born in 1918 and died in 1941.  The info you have provided looks correct.  The person who provided this information is obtaining his military record and has been told that the processing time is around 90 days!!! (This seems a long time to process an application for a military record).

I have been unable to locate in the online NSW BDM index as births only go up to 1916.  I do not know if he married.  The family member knows very little about James George Walker.

WNW

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 July 16 09:01 BST (UK) »
Yes this will be him.

Harold's parents were Samuel and Elizabeth Matilda Walker nee Parsons so the 1963 death is correct.

WNW

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 10 July 16 09:08 BST (UK) »
Harold D  age 17   5-10-1932 Zone B  Section BBB Grave 241

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 10 July 16 09:28 BST (UK) »
Inscription on grave 6675: Father of Above

Funeral notice for James 10 September 1941 and no wife mentioned:

WALKER.-The Relatives and Friends of Mr and Mrs H. WALKER and SHIRLEY of 10 Cleveland Street, city, are invited to attend the funeral of their beloved son and their brother, James George Walker (late 2/1 Bn., A.I.F. ): to leave T. J. Andrews Funeral Chapel, 23 Enmore Road Newtown, this day, at 1.45 p.m., for Church of England Cemetery, Rookwood. T. J. ANDREWS A.F.D.A., 21-25 Enmore
Road Newtown.

Funeral notice for Harold D 5 October 1932

WALKER-The Relatives and Friends of Mr and Mrs HAROLD WALKER (of 18 Cleveland street, city, Mrs. WALKER (of Glebe) and Mr. and Mrs. GEORGE HUNT (of Randwick) and families, are invited to attend the funeral of their late beloved son and grandson, Harold Donald, aged 17 years; to leave the funeral parlours of the undersigned this afternoon at 2 o'clock for Church of England Cemetery, Rookwood (motor funeral by road). Friends travelling by Funeral Train leaving Mortuary Station at 1.45, alight at No. 1 Platform in Cemetery, and proceed to Section BBB.
F. DANGAR and CO., Funeral Directors,
62 George street West Sydney.

The link:

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/16892725?searchTerm=%22harold%20walker%22&searchLimits=l-state=New+South+Wales|||l-category=Family+Notices|||sortby=dateDesc#

Elizabeth Matilda death notice 6 November 1939:

Rookwood age 77 Zone C   section 06   Grave 928 - no inscription on my disc.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/17624824?searchTerm=%22elizabeth%20walker%22&searchLimits=l-state=New+South+Wales|||l-category=Family+Notices|||sortby=dateDesc

Samuel - Husband of Elizabeth Matilda - Funeral notices - 12 March 1921

Rookwood age 61 Zone C section 06 Grave 928 - no inscription on my disc.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/15944352?searchTerm=%22samuel%20walker%22&searchLimits=l-state=New+South+Wales|||l-category=Family+Notices|||sortby=dateDesc

Samuel's mother Elizabeth Walker nee Pepper funeral notices. 5 December 1906. Although she doesn't show on Rookwood search, on the disc there is a grave for an Elizabeth and William in the Old Section. It has no date on it, but a note is made on William's listing that the name is on the Kerb. Old C of E Section 4 Row 15 Graves 3511-3513.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/14829226?searchTerm=%22elizabeth%20Walker%22&searchLimits=l-advstate=New+South+Wales|||dateTo=1921-01-01|||dateFrom=1862-01-01|||sortby=dateDesc|||l-category=Family+Notices|||l-title=35

Samuel's father William funeral notices: 14 September 1903

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/14549574?searchTerm=%22william%20Walker%22&searchLimits=l-advstate=New+South+Wales|||dateTo=1921-01-01|||dateFrom=1862-01-01|||sortby=dateDesc|||l-category=Family+Notices|||l-title=35

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 14 August 16 06:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jamjar for your postings.
I have reviewed the links to the newspaper death notices for Elizabeth Walker nee Pepper and William Walker.  From my research to date these are not Samuel's parents.

Samuel's parents were William Walker who died in Auckland, New Zealand in 1894 and Ellen Walker who died in Sydney in 1890.  Ellen is buried in Rookwood cemetery.  This is based on the information on Ellen and Samuel's death registrations.

Thanks again.

WNW

Offline munrojohnmichael

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 08 July 17 02:18 BST (UK) »
Hi My name is Michael John Munro. I have a sister (*), our father was William John Wright Munro. Dad had a older Brother (*).
Our grand(*) mother was Irene Claire Munro, Grandfather Walter James Wright. Aunty Elizabeth has a daughter , who has keep the Munro family history as well as photographs.
Last time I saw Joan was at my father funeral.
We used to have a tight knit family when Irene & Elizabeth were alive.
But sadly they were the glue which held us together, and when they passed away, we all slowly scattered

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 09 July 17 01:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your posting.
Sadly this is all to common in families today.
Regards
WNW