Author Topic: Theodora Fredericka Lee marriage & Mary Lee marriage  (Read 2131 times)

Offline ManU

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Theodora Fredericka Lee marriage & Mary Lee marriage
« on: Wednesday 22 June 16 02:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Guys
I have posted previous requests on two marriage that still elude me, hopefully I might be more success this time around maybe new people reading the posts
The first marriage I am looking for is between Theodora Fredericka Lee daughter of John R Lee she lived in New York and married a John Dooley around 1918, his WW1 registration says he was single in 1917
The second marriage is between Mary Lee another daughter of J.R.Lee also of New York she married 3 times I have the first two a Sampson, then a McGuinnes but the third was to a Frank Burke around the 1925 period, this last one eludes me
I have looked on Ancestry, Family Search but to no avail
If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated
Regards ManU

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Theodora Fredericka Lee marriage & Mary Lee marriage
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 June 16 13:24 BST (UK) »
Where did John Dooley live prior to marriage? 

I see Theodora and her family in the Bronx.  There is a New York City bride's index at www.italiangen.org, and I don't see them there.  Westchester is a county that neighbors the Bronx and has a marriage index - http://archives.westchestergov.com/browse-all-online-indexes-main/marriages-index - and they aren't there either. 

You could try scrolling through the database of other marriage papers mentioned here - http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=731930.msg5917963#msg5917963

Offline ManU

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 June 16 23:21 BST (UK) »
Hi
Had a quick look through the marriage papers and not found anything as yet, will check others
Not sure where John lived prior to marriage but the registration for WW1 on the 6-5-17 says 873 Elton Ave NYC NY, he was an iron worker with Flynn and someone Bowling Green NY ??
I believe they married around 1918, I have no more info on his WW1 attestation or pension records but I have a registration card for WW2 his wife is next of kin

Offline ManU

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 June 16 23:46 BST (UK) »
Hi
Have found a John A Dooley 30th Dec 1919 in Brooklyn papers 1919 # 21394 but not found Theodora Lee
as yet

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 23 June 16 00:01 BST (UK) »
I think you're looking under the deaths for that, not the bride & groom's indexes.

Elton Avenue is in the Bronx, too.  Bowling Green is a section of lower Manhattan. 

Online Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 23 June 16 19:50 BST (UK) »
This would most likely be a wild goose chase but according to an online tree, Theodora's grandfather, Peter Lee, died in 1918 in England.  Is there any chance that she could have returned to England during his illness, and married John Dooley in England?  :-\

You most likely have looked, but could Theodora have been married briefly prior to her marriage to John?
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 23 June 16 20:07 BST (UK) »
Not much help, but
WWI Military Service Abstracts
John Dooley, 893 Elton Avenue, New York, New York
Inducted: LB 10 New York, NY   May 20/18
Organizations served in: Ship Rep Shop Unit 301 QMC to disch
Served overseas from:  "None"
Grades w/date of appointment: Pvt lcl Jan 10/19
Honorably discharged on demobilization: Mch 17/19
   [Includes his Army serial number, which I won't include here]
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline ManU

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 24 June 16 01:46 BST (UK) »
shellyesq - The entry for John was in the marriages he was the groom but no sign of Theodora, there are a lot so will keep looking - I am sure they would have married in the NY area as all the family were living there

Lisa California - While it is possible that she married twice she was born 1895 making her about 24 when she married Dooley and I cannot find any other marriage but will recheck. There is no record as yet for a marriage in England but there are other sources that I can look at besides Ancestry
Also thanks for the war record info

To all
I know she married John, I have photos of them with the rest of her family plus later census records will need to keep checking
Anyone got info on her sister Mary Ann and Frank Burke and their marriage around 1945 it was her third marriage after Sampson and McGuinnes

Regards ManU
 :) :)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 24 June 16 02:13 BST (UK) »
...The second marriage is between Mary Lee another daughter of J.R.Lee also of New York she married 3 times I have the first two a Sampson, then a McGuinnes but the third was to a Frank Burke around the 1925 period, this last one eludes me
I have looked on Ancestry, Family Search but to no avail

...Anyone got info on her sister Mary Ann and Frank Burke and their marriage around 1945 it was her third marriage after Sampson and McGuinnes

Hi ManU:

Would her third marriage have been about 1945 (not 1925)?   :-\