Author Topic: James Hogg  (Read 4519 times)

Offline GAJ1966

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Hogg
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 01 July 17 17:36 BST (UK) »
Hi, yes that's it. John and Elizabeth were parents to, among others, James Hogg who married Mary Victoria Harland who are the parents of Thomas Hogg , my father in law who also has siblings James, Joseph(d), Hugh(d) & Edith. It would start to extend the perspective if we were able to reach out to Hugh's descendants- not too sure how we are supposed to exchange info - I've only just registered having discovered your post via my google search....

Offline tammiegirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 01 July 17 18:31 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Well that's strange ,for the last few nights I have been putting the 1939 Register on James &Mary v Tree ,in 1939they were with their two Son,s ,but I cannot find a Death Date for James .
Hugh ,s Son ,Hugh John ,Grandsonlives in America .
Did you know James &Mary had 9children ,that I know off .David Hogg 1869 also went to live in Liverpool .

Offline GAJ1966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 01 July 17 18:45 BST (UK) »
Hi, David went to Liverpool with his brother John (Thomas's grandad) - they were Sugar Boilers at Tate & Lyle. Hugh's brother John had 6 children with Elizabeth (+ 2 others who died before 1911. We also know James married Mary Sloan on 25 Sep 1852.... we have found 6 children (Mary, John, William, James, David (who married Mary Kinnaire in 1896) and Hugh) it's been a fascinating day - we are still in Northern Ireland tonight flying back to mainland tomorrow. We should work out how to get the hogg relations in touch.

Offline tammiegirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 01 July 17 19:09 BST (UK) »
Hi,
When you get back send me a Pm with your Email  and I will get back to you .We are. Going over to Ballymena in September .Samhas siblings living there .James &Mary  also had Children Ann 1865-1875 ,Samuel1866-1887 ,Jane 1870 ,Robert 1872 , I did not know about Mary.Sam is 2nd cousin 1 removed  to Thomas .

Offline GAJ1966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 01 July 17 19:15 BST (UK) »
Excuse my ignorance , what's a Pm ?

Offline sugarbakers

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 12 Church St, MENT - the family sugarhouse, 1805
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 02 July 17 17:46 BST (UK) »
Hi, David went to Liverpool with his brother John (Thomas's grandad) - they were Sugar Boilers at Tate & Lyle.

I have both John and David Hogg on the Sugar Refiners database at  www.mawer.clara.net/sugarhhoy.html
John 1881 to 1911 - labourer, becoming boiler/panman.
David 1891-1839 - labourer through to retirement.

John is mentioned in  JA Watson's 'A Hundred Years of Sugar Refining, The Story of Love Lane Refinery, 1872-1972', page 111 - one of ten panmen employed by Tate's in 1889. If you can't, or don't wish to, find a copy of the book, just PM me your email address and I'll send a scan of the page.

I hope you don't mind me saying, but they both worked for Henry Tate & Sons in the records we have ... it did not become Tate & Lyle until 1921.
Almeroth, Germany (probably Hessen). Mawer, Softley, Johnson, Lancaster, Tatum, Bucknall (E.Yorks, Nfk, Lincs)

Sugar Refiners & Sugarbakers ... www.mawer.clara.net ...
50,000+ database entries, 270+ fatalities, 210+ fires, history, maps, directory, sales, blog, book, 500+ wills, etc.

WDYTYA magazine July 2017