Author Topic: Murphy burial  (Read 393 times)

Offline avotier

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Murphy burial
« on: Thursday 23 June 16 04:09 BST (UK) »
Can someone please  help me find a burial for a Francis Murphy died in Tullamore Kerry in 1889.
Are there any sort of records I can check through online for these.

Ann

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Nettie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • You can choose your friends but not your relations
    • View Profile
Re: Murphy burial
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 July 16 13:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Ann, the only thing I have been able to see is an Ireland Civil Registration Deaths Index (via Anc****) for a Francis Murphy age 49 (birth year approx. 1840) Registration District: Tullamore, Date of Registration: Jan-Mar 1889.

However, while there is a Tullamore in Kerry, I think the registration district refers to Offaly.
http://www.irish-genealogy-toolkit.com/Ireland-civil-registration.html

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me would be able to clarify this.

Do you have any other details about your Francis? Date / Place of birth? marriage? Where you got the details about his death?
Researching: Cronin / Nolan - Gortadrislig, Kerry
Finn/Clifford - Callinafercy and Scort, Kerry
Spillane - Milltown
Also:- Byrne / Tyrrell - Dublin

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Murphy burial
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 02 July 16 15:22 BST (UK) »
There is a Tullamore and a Tulla More in Kerry both in the Registrar's District of Ballylongford.
https://www.johngrenham.com/places/regdist_results.php?rdid=379&order=placename&REGISTRARS_DISTRICT=Ballylongford&PLU=Ballylongford

However if you try to search using Ballylongford it doesn't appear to exist, I think it is an error and should read Listowel.
But I still don't see a death for a Francis Murphy in that timeframe, of course even if it was there it wouldn't tell you where he is buried.