Author Topic: Anybody recognize any of these photos from Millport?  (Read 987 times)

Offline lockhaven

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anybody recognize any of these photos from Millport?
« on: Friday 24 June 16 14:17 BST (UK) »
I've come across some photos from Millport from my great grandmother Colina Campbell. She was born (1895-1953) and grew up in Millport. Her parents (Archibald Campbell 1856-1930 & Marion Findlay 1857-1922) did various things, Archibald was an upholsterer and cabinetmaker, and Marion ran a draper before purchasing Vulcan Cottage, which turned into the Craigard. Colina had 4 siblings, Archibald Jardine, (1880-?), William Malcolm (1881-1918, died in WW1), Nelson Grierson Campbell (1890-?) and Johanna Campbell 1900-?) 

Colina unfortunately passed before I was born and I never got a chance to meet her. My grandfather remembers her going through her photo album and telling him who everybody was. Unfortunately she never wrote the names down, and we have quite a few photos without names. I thought I would post some of them, and the off chance someone recognizes a relative and can put a name to a face.

There's 2 group shots which have me stumped.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.