Author Topic: Mathews/ Matthews Family - Llanallgo (and surrounding areas)  (Read 538 times)

Offline Miriam19

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mathews/ Matthews Family - Llanallgo (and surrounding areas)
« on: Friday 24 June 16 20:15 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Just putting it out there - does anyone have any info on the Mathews/ Matthews family of Llanallgo and then Llangefni? I have been able to go as far back as 1785 (hopefully on the right track!), but am hoping if anyone has anything else please let me know ! :)

Thank you.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline gwynd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mathews/ Matthews Family - Llanallgo (and surrounding areas)
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 June 16 23:40 BST (UK) »
   Do you know about a John Mathews b 1889 Llanallgo, who was coxwain of the Moelfre Lifeboat in the parish of Llanallgo for 36 years until he retired in 1954 having won 3 silver & 2 bronze medals for bravery.  His nephew Dick Evans took over from him and is one of the very few who won 2 gold medals for bravery.  If you Google either name with Moelfre Lifeboat you will find lots of tales about them.  Best wishes,    Gwynd

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline LynRoberts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mathews/ Matthews Family - Llanallgo (and surrounding areas)
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 January 17 09:08 GMT (UK) »
My grandfather's sister was John Mathews' mother. I've only recently started to check out my family tree but more than happy to share what I have.