Author Topic: Tailor and carpet maker  (Read 1205 times)

Offline amber39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Tailor and carpet maker
« Reply #9 on: Friday 01 July 16 16:33 BST (UK) »
Just to muddy the waters a little regarding his occupation , there is a Charles Trudgill living in Diss listed in Whites Norfolk Directory 1883
 Charles Trudgill.  Cattle Dealer and Victualler . Half Moon, St. Nicholas Street.

If this is the same one then he is a man of many talents or maybe its a son of the carpet maker!!!

Regards   Amber39
Norfolk: Copling,Coppen ,Oakley, Vertigans, Cracknell
Suffolk:  Grist, Scopes, Bullenthorpe. Knights,Watcham
Cambs.: Wilson, Andrews.
London: Monk

We must learn to regard people less in the light of what they do or omit to do, but more in the light of what they suffer.  Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Offline amber39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 01 July 16 17:01 BST (UK) »
I have just seen on a public tree on Ancestry that Charles Trudgill did have a son called Charles born in 1837  Bosmere Suffolk.

Regards    Amber39
Norfolk: Copling,Coppen ,Oakley, Vertigans, Cracknell
Suffolk:  Grist, Scopes, Bullenthorpe. Knights,Watcham
Cambs.: Wilson, Andrews.
London: Monk

We must learn to regard people less in the light of what they do or omit to do, but more in the light of what they suffer.  Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Offline LDaw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 01 July 16 17:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks BugBear, the Aldrich idea looks very possible.

Thanks Amber39, I'll take a look when I get chance.  I've noticed a few lines of the family having relatives close by (whether cousins, siblings or parents).  The majority didn't seem to move too far.  In some ways that helps but there's always the risk I'll suddenly be accidentally following a cousin.