Author Topic: Mary BRACHER - convict - transported to New South Wales - arrived in 1807  (Read 6112 times)

Offline LindaBishop

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary BRACHER - convict - transported to New South Wales - arrived in 1807
« Reply #27 on: Friday 16 February 18 13:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone, i am descended from Narcissa Bracher, (b. Dec.1806) who was Martha Bracher's (b. 1783) daughter and so i think Mary Bracher grand daughter.  I have read, with interest, all the different research material that people have found about her conviction and transportation in 1807, following a trial in July 1806 involving Mary, her husband George Bracher and daughter Martha Bracher (who was pregnant with Narcissa at the time). 

I cannot understand why Mary, the mother/wife was transported and George the husband and her daughter Martha were spared (discharged by bill).  I see Mary went on to build a new life for herself and remarry (as a widow?!) and I am pleased to see her family continued to thrive back in England.

If, as the original post was over a year ago, anyone has found anything further about the family in Australia or the one left behind in Stourton Wiltshire, i should be grateful to read it.  Thank you. 

Offline JaneyH_104

• RootsChat Member
  • My great-grandmother, Alice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 16 February 18 15:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda,

Was it you that I was in touch with about a year ago via email, having made a connection through the Lost Cousins website?  We exchanged some information about Bishop ancestors as well as me sharing what I knew about the Brachers.  Do let me know, as I have a photo that I took just yesterday for you!

Janey
BOWDLER - Forest of Dean & Devon, DYSON, ENTWISTLE & TOWNEND - Huddersfield, CLARKE - Dorset, SCOBLE - Devon, HOUGH, COPE & WHITTAKER - Cheshire, BRACHER - Wiltshire, DENNISS - Herts/Hunts, SQUIRE - Hunts/Beds, BROWN - Herts/Beds

Offline LindaBishop

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 16 February 18 16:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janey,

Yes that was me. I am so sorry to have lost touch with you, but have had several surgeries last year and not had a healthy 2017. However, I am feeling a bit better for a while so I thought I would dive back into the family history folders, which are a mess as you can imagine, having been abandoned due to illness last year.

I am excited to see and hear if you have found anything for me and can't believe you took a photo for me yesterday, how spooky is that?

Love Linda

Offline JaneyH_104

• RootsChat Member
  • My great-grandmother, Alice
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 16 February 18 16:27 GMT (UK) »
Email coming your way!
BOWDLER - Forest of Dean & Devon, DYSON, ENTWISTLE & TOWNEND - Huddersfield, CLARKE - Dorset, SCOBLE - Devon, HOUGH, COPE & WHITTAKER - Cheshire, BRACHER - Wiltshire, DENNISS - Herts/Hunts, SQUIRE - Hunts/Beds, BROWN - Herts/Beds