Author Topic: May Annie McLaren Eadie  (Read 1568 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: May Annie McLaren Eadie
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 June 16 21:45 BST (UK) »
Possible 1901:

John Eadie 48 farmer b. Dunblane, Perthshire
Annie McNaughton Eadie 37 b. Gargunnock, stirlingshire
Margaret Eadie 10
Mary Ann Eadie 9 b. Logie, stirlingshire
Jessie Eadie 7
Alice Eadie 5
John Eadie 3
Ronald Eadie 1
Mary Ferguson 15 servant
John Scott 32 ploughman

Address: Blairmains, Logie, Stirlingshire

Address matches what you mention you have for her?

Logie must show as either being in Perthshire or Stirlingshire for the registrations. John Eadie married Ann McNaughton Inglis in Gargunnock, Stirlingshire in 1889.

A will entry on SP shows:

John EADIE - 22/03/1912 FARMER, BLAIRMAINS, BLAIRLOGIE NEAR STIRLING, D. 11/11/1911 AT BLAIRMAINS, TESTATE.

This index here shows John Eadie's widow, Ann McNaughton Inglis at Blairgowan Farms and Blairmains up to 1928 (this is the date May married from what we have)...although I think Ann McNaughton Inglis died in 1926 in Logie.

www.blairlogie-scotland.org/uploads/1/1/8/0/11805839/person_archives_june_2013.pdf

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 25 June 16 21:53 BST (UK) »
There is a Dunblane farming family, Robert Eadie and Mary Ann McLaren. I think the John above in 1901 is likely to belong to this family. As such, maybe Ma(r)y Annie McLaren Eadie, second born daughter (?) called after his mother?

Lots of questions marks and guesses for now.... ::)

The Eadie family in Dunblane in 1861. Transcribed on the index I am looking at as CADIE:

Robert Cadie 38 Farmer Employ 3 Men 1 Boy Of 200 Acres
Mrs. Mary Ann Cadie 36
Jessie Cadie 14
Jean Cadie 12
Mary Cadie 10 https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VQ7P-S8B
John Cadie 8
Marion Cadie 4
Robert Cadie 1 https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XY9X-362
Cadie 2 Days https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XY9X-3ZR
....and 5 staff

Address: Stone Hill, Dunblane

Monica

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 June 16 22:27 BST (UK) »
Possible marriage for her in 1928. A Mary Ann McLaren Eadie married in Stirling in 1928 to a John Sinclair.

A death entry in 1961 for a Mary Ann McLaren Eadie/Sinclair born c. 1892 in Alloa, Clackmannan.

Monica

Offline SWH1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 26 June 16 10:35 BST (UK) »
Many thanks, will see next week if i can fine her next of kin on her papers.  Great amount of details thank you.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 07 July 16 10:19 BST (UK) »
Logie must show as either being in Perthshire or Stirlingshire for the registrations.

Logie is the only parish/registration district I have come across so far that extends into three counties - Stirlingshire, Perthshire and Clackmannanshire.

Fullarton's Gazetteer (1848) says, "Though compact in itself, it exhibits a notable instance of whimsical intricacy and confusion in the territorial allotments of the counties; for the portion of it which belongs to Stirlingshire is in two sections, one of them quite detached from the county; and the portion of it which belongs to Clackmannanshire is cut off from the body of that county by the portion which belongs to Perthshire."

I expect it was rationalised in 1891 when a lot of anomalies like this were sorted out, but I don't have the details of that to hand.

From 1855 to 1892 the registration district of Logie came under Perthshire, but from 1893 to 1970 it came under Stirlingshire.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.