Author Topic: Baptisms of the CLAYDON children at Withersfield and Great Bradley  (Read 405 times)

Offline WideEyedGirl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Great grandma Elsie (right) & sister Evelyn (left)
    • View Profile
Baptisms of the CLAYDON children at Withersfield and Great Bradley
« on: Sunday 26 June 16 18:08 BST (UK) »
Hello all,

I'm trying to establish if these children could all be of the same parents - I'm looking up William Claydon, but couldn't find any of his siblings baptized at Withersfield (on FamilySearch), but wondered if these could be siblings considering how close Withersfield and Great Bradley are. Places of residence and father's occupation would be a great help if they are found on the records.

Baptism 1; William Claydon, the son of Thomas Claydon and Mary, baptized at Withersfield 03/06/1849

Baptisms 2,3,4 and 5;
- Joshua Josiah Claydon, the son of Thomas Claydon and Mary, baptized at Great Bradley 3rd Aug 1856
- Mary Maria Claydon, the daughter of Thomas Claydon and Mary, baptized at Great Bradley 2 Jul 1854
- Arthur Thomas Claydon, the son of Thomas Claydon and Mary, baptized at Great Bradley 18 Oct 1857
- Christopher Albert Claydon, the son of Thomas Claydon and Mary, baptized at Burrough Gisen (residence at Great Bradley) 14 Nov 1852

Thank you in advance,
Holly
A Yorkshire girl tracing her ancestry.
Discovering that I'm not as English as my family once thought.

Ashforth | Watson | Smith | Davies | Beech | Matthews | Moxon | Heaton | Emmerson | Parkin | Cook | Venables | Perrins | Parsons | Whiteley | Blackburn | Badger | Cullen | McWeeny/McWeeney | Steventon | Walters | Copley | Chapman | Wild | Garrity | Blewitt | Larkin |

DNA Results: 40% Great Britain, 24% Scandinavian, 17% Western European, 15% Irish, 4% Iberian Peninsula.

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Baptisms of the CLAYDON children at Withersfield and Great Bradley
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 June 16 20:38 BST (UK) »
hi holly
if you look at the 1881  census for Joshua j it may help you understand your request  it appears mary was  born in withersfield and Thomas was born shudy camps not many miles from withersfield up the road on the way to Cambridge .
regards
trevor
morters-cambs-norfolk   clements london    copas newington
went colchester essex    goodey essex -suffolk

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 June 16 20:41 BST (UK) »
ps burrough grisen  should read burrough green .
trevor

Offline WideEyedGirl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Great grandma Elsie (right) & sister Evelyn (left)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 June 16 20:52 BST (UK) »
Trevor,

Thank you for your help. It does seem a likely bet that they were children of the same parents if some of the children were born at Withersfield. I don't know the area at all so 'Burrough Grisen' was copied from the transcription of the baptism record ;D
A Yorkshire girl tracing her ancestry.
Discovering that I'm not as English as my family once thought.

Ashforth | Watson | Smith | Davies | Beech | Matthews | Moxon | Heaton | Emmerson | Parkin | Cook | Venables | Perrins | Parsons | Whiteley | Blackburn | Badger | Cullen | McWeeny/McWeeney | Steventon | Walters | Copley | Chapman | Wild | Garrity | Blewitt | Larkin |

DNA Results: 40% Great Britain, 24% Scandinavian, 17% Western European, 15% Irish, 4% Iberian Peninsula.

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 26 June 16 22:31 BST (UK) »
hi holly
well the first 4 children fit the census the only one that doesn't appear is Christopher albert I found his birth reg but cant find him anywhere else .
trevor