Author Topic: Some of Rootschat's font sizes appear to have got much larger?  (Read 5105 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Some of Rootschat's font sizes appear to have got much larger?
« on: Tuesday 28 June 16 19:26 BST (UK) »
Trystan/Sarah?  Have the heading/button fonts on the site grown in size somewhat in the last day please?  On my Windows phone its getting difficult to read and some of the "buttons" aren't showing full text because of the size of the font.  Its a bit large even on my 15" laptop screen but is I accept readable.

Nicola
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://www.apigintime.net/blog
    • View Profile
Re: Some of Rootschat's font sizes appear to have got much larger?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 June 16 19:29 BST (UK) »
same here - gave me quite a shock!!

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 June 16 19:30 BST (UK) »
Same here, had to adjust sizing. ;)
 Brian
Yewdall/Yewdell/Youdall -Yorkshire

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 June 16 19:33 BST (UK) »
Same here on an iPad, I like it, it is much easier to select which page of a topic you want to look at.

Mike

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 June 16 19:42 BST (UK) »
It might be easier to select topics, but the problem is on a Windows Phone you can't adjust settings that easily and its causing problems.  What its like on an Android phone, haven't checked mine yet, although I tend to have issues because its running an old version of Android. :-\
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 28 June 16 19:47 BST (UK) »
Yes, we are running tests at the moment, so the title and button fonts are larger than they should be. I've got to let the test continue until tomorrow (Wednesday).

Thanks for being patient, and my apologies for being a pain.

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 28 June 16 19:52 BST (UK) »
That explains that then, I thought I had done something wrong on my laptop  ;D

Keep up the great work Trystan  ;)

Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 28 June 16 19:55 BST (UK) »
Frank,

Thanks for that! :)

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 28 June 16 20:01 BST (UK) »
No worries Trystan, look forward to when they get back to normal. ;D