Author Topic: Lynch family -- Castlegregory Parish Church  (Read 1218 times)

Offline jabaty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lynch family -- Castlegregory Parish Church
« on: Monday 04 July 16 02:18 BST (UK) »
Will be planning on trip to Ireland in Aug 2016 :)

Hello, I was wondering how I can trace....One more generation back and where they actually sailed from Ireland and where they landed on the other side of the Atlantic seaboard.  Legend says, they lived in Tralee Bay, but probably left Ireland via Cohb seaport?  But I have no proof on either end. 

More About Daniel Lynch and Mary O'Connor:
Marriage: Feb 07, 1831, Killiney Old Church, Ireland (near Castlegregory Village)

Children of Daniel Lynch and Mary O'Connor are:
+   2   i.   Michael Lynch, born Feb 14, 1832 in Kerry County, Ireland; died Jun 20, 1907 in Dayton, Tuscola County, Michigan.
+   3   ii.   Jeremiah Lynch, born Abt. 1834 in Kerry County, Ireland; died Jan 10, 1895.
   4   iii.   ? John Lynch, born Bef. 1837 in Kerry County, Ireland.
+   5   iv.   Thomas Lynch, born Aug 15, 1837 in Kerry County, Ireland; died Jul 08, 1923 in Dayton township, Michigan.
   6   v.   ? Catherine Lynch, born Bef. Apr 30, 1843 in Kerry County, Ireland.
+   7   vi.   Johannah Lynch, born Jul 29, 1845 in Kerry County, Ireland; died Jan 27, 1900 in Rich, Lapeer County, Michigan.
   8   vii.   Daniel Lynch, born Abt. 1846 in Kerry County, Ireland; died Dec 08, 1866.

Notes for Daniel Lynch:
From Jeanette Holbrook

Daniel Lynch born July 9, 1844 Ballinery; sponsors:  Michael Lynch and Mary Ferriter

9   viii.   ? Mary Lynch, born Bef. Mar 22, 1847 in Kerry County, Ireland.
+   10   ix.   Bridget Lynch, born Feb 14, 1851 in ?? Dublin, Ireland; died May 18, 1937 in Pontiac, Oakland County, Michigan.
   11   x.   ? Patrick Lynch, born Bef. Mar 14, 1852 in Kerry County, Ireland.
+   12   xi.   John Lynch, born Jan 14, 1853 in Ashtabula, Ohio; died Jun 08, 1906 in Dayton Township, Michigan.

Reference
http://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000634265#page/218/mode/1up

Per J. Holbrook -- Daniel Lynch and Mary O'Conner (see page 218)

O'Connor of Glennahov were married February 7, 1831 at Killiney Old Church (now in ruins) was located at Killing 1/2 mile from Castlegregory village.  Killiney was also the name of the parish at that time.  Witness at the wedding were Maurice O Connor and Michael Murphy.

Daniel in latin traslation is "Danielis"

Per Kay Cabell -- she said, the original record of the marriage of Daniel and Mary Connoe indicates that there was a dispensation required and given as there was a degree of consanquinity between Daniel and Mary.  It would appear that three generations back - their grandparents were related.

Any help, would be greatly appreciated or if your related to this Lynch branch - love to hear from you

Sincerely,

Julie Batzloff