Author Topic: Who is Sarah Donnelly?  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Torrie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Who is Sarah Donnelly?
« on: Tuesday 12 July 16 05:38 BST (UK) »
Hello!

Looking for a little direction.

I have found my g-g-g grandfathers will on PRONI.

"The Will of John Odgers late of Annagola County Monaghan Coachman who died 18 March 1892 at same place was proved at Armagh by the Reverend Edward Allen Foy of Middletown"

In the will he lists 2 sons ....John and Joseph Odgers, 2 daughters, Louisa goodfellows and Eliza Simpson. I have traced the history of each of his children.

However he also lists a SARAH DONNELLY as a granddaughter. I cannot find any information on this girl. Nor any connection of a Donnelly family to the Odgers. I do know John had a third daughter Isabella Margaret Odgers however she died before her parents at 21 years of tb l believe. I cannot find a birth certificate or any clues for Sarah. I cannot narrow down all the Sarah donnellys in the 1921 census either.

All I know is Sarah Donnelly was born before 1891 and the Odgers family lived in Middletown/tynan Armagh and in Annagola Monaghan (all same general area)

Any suggestions on how to move forward would be great!!

Torrie
Scott, Coulson, Simpson, Livingstone, Odgers, McBride, McAlister, McInnes, Aitichison, McCallum, Cameron, McKinnon, Fullerton, Robertson, Fairbairn, Craig, Draffin,

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Who is Sarah Donnelly?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 July 16 06:35 BST (UK) »
Hi,
   I wonder if this could be a connection. On 27 Dec1877 Samuel Donnelly married Ann Odgers in Armagh Church of Ireland.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 July 16 07:44 BST (UK) »

... On 27 Dec1877 Samuel Donnelly married Ann Odgers in Armagh Church of Ireland ...

In that marriage to Samuel (a plumber, son of John Donnelly a carpenter), Ann's father was recorded as John Odgers, a coach man. Daughter Sarah was then born to this couple on 6 December 1878 (address was Barrack Hill, Armagh).

Offline Torrie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 12 July 16 12:39 BST (UK) »
Wow this seems very promising! May I ask where you found Samuel and Ann's marriage certificate in such detail?

Thank you so much for your help!! Torrie
Scott, Coulson, Simpson, Livingstone, Odgers, McBride, McAlister, McInnes, Aitichison, McCallum, Cameron, McKinnon, Fullerton, Robertson, Fairbairn, Craig, Draffin,

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 12 July 16 12:51 BST (UK) »
The full record can be viewed on the RootsIreland website, it's subscription based.  Couldn't see any more children to the couple and the nature of Sarah's mention in grandfather John's will of 23 March 1891 makes one wonder if something happened to her parents by then.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 12 July 16 14:58 BST (UK) »
Wow this seems very promising! May I ask where you found Samuel and Ann's marriage certificate in such detail?

Thank you so much for your help!! Torrie

You can view the actual certificate on GRONI's website- just register and purchase a few credits-
https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Torrie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 19 July 16 06:58 BST (UK) »
Thank you for all your help I found Sarah Donnellys ancestral line :)

Now wondering if there are more Odgers children of John Odgers and Mary Ann Draffin I am missing. They were married in 1853

Ann Odgers was born about 1854....the next child I have listed for this couple is Elizabeth Odgers born 1857.....any suggestions on how to see if there were any other children born between 1854 and 1857?

Thanks!!