Author Topic: Missing death records in Liverpool  (Read 1829 times)

Offline california dreamin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing death records in Liverpool
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 21 July 16 16:48 BST (UK) »
I'm researching my family history and can access Ancestry, Findmypast, FamilySearch and Lancashire Parish Online.   I've noticed that there are many missing death records on Lancashire BMD website for the Liverpool area.  Does anyone know why and is there anywhere else I can look apart from the sites I have listed?

Hi Irene,

Here is a link to LancsBMD death indexes which show what years & districts have been indexed to date:

http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/deathcov.php

CD

Offline IreneJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 21 July 16 17:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks CD. I had found this and this is what started me wondering why so many are missing, I was hoping they hadn't been destroyed...

Irene

Offline california dreamin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 21 July 16 20:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Irene

Ah, right.  As someone said the indexing is done by volunteers however the teams are managed.  Sometimes they are redirected to more pressing indexing or just don't have the volunteers for that area. For example, there is a big push to get  the mother's maiden names onto all the LancsBMD birth indexes and not just those post 1917 - which so very helpful.  I'm sure your death index will turn up on LancsBMD never fear; not destroyed. In the meantime as was suggested FreeBMD or FindMyPast is your best bet.

CD