Author Topic: Cant find anything on poor FAITH HARRIS, gypsy  (Read 2902 times)

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Cant find anything on poor FAITH HARRIS, gypsy
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 01 February 18 12:31 GMT (UK) »
No family for Faith Im afraid only the father.
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 03 February 18 20:17 GMT (UK) »
 Helo Rebecca

have you any relatives named Smith, through the 1800s i find they use that name, the name Faith may come from an older relative named Smith, there was a Lady named in the  Nottingham Evening Post 19 February 1902 Prudence Smith who died, She lived in the forest of Dean, the Coroner said She was 107, so that puts Her birth right back to the times of your story starting, She was living with Her Son, His name was Faith Smith,  in 1878 on 2 April in the Chelenham Chronicle two Brothers got in some bother and was up in the courts, they had the great names of Faith and Hope Smith, in 1862 in the Western Times on 1 March there was the story from the courts of witchcraft and the black arts, fortunetelling, Faith Smith was in the story.

i know you may think Faith is just a first name , but you never know, i have read of Gipsy People in the newspaper saying how they have traveled from Scotland to London, so do not just go by location, plus Sue the great  Gipsy researcher from the south often told me that She came across Family's with the wrong names, as in they went by the Census as Jones, yet their real name was Brown, yet the Browns of this day would swear they was  Jones, Sue said "you just can not tell some people the truth, they only believe census reports of the ones they like," so Sue in the end just did not bother to go on to much about things like that, what i am saying tho is you have to research in strange ways when trying to find your Relatives, i do hope one day you find Them.

michael

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 31 July 18 18:29 BST (UK) »
Smith is my husbands surname, not researching Smith at the minute thanks. I have found a descendant of Faiths daughter who emigrated.  Ok many thanks for your message, will bear it all in mind.
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).