Author Topic: FHS members pages  (Read 3472 times)

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
FHS members pages
« on: Saturday 16 July 16 11:20 BST (UK) »
Help please. I have just joined  and want to get into member's  website. Can someone please tell me what user name to enter. I have tried my own name and my email. Also I have put in the password from the latest journal. Is the full stop at the end, part of the password or not?.

I am Alan Williams mem.no. 08/9506. Address removed by moderator

My main interest is graves of aunts and uncles who have died since 1950 upto about 1980. They are in Malew or Rushen or somewhere round there. I am coming over for two days in August.

Any help greatly appreciated. Humphpaul
Paul, Humphrey, Vaughan, Lewis, Williams, Parry, Jones, Fairclough, Howard, Allan, Baylis, Wright, Ritson.
Barmouth, Llangellinin, Liverpool, Maryport Cumberland, Port Glasgow, Nercwys (Nerquis), Mold, Gwysaney, Hope, Doddleston, Higher Kinnerton.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: FHS members pages
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 July 16 11:39 BST (UK) »
I would say that the full-stop is not part of the password.

Why not try the contacts page on the website?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 July 16 09:23 BST (UK) »
These sort of communications shouldn't be done on a public forum it's more appropriate to contact the society instead. It might be best if you edit out your name and membership number from your post too. Members of the society have been told not to share the access information with others.

Blue

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 July 16 09:45 BST (UK) »
My main interest is graves of aunts and uncles who have died since 1950 upto about 1980. They are in Malew or Rushen or somewhere round there. I am coming over for two days in August.

Try looking at ManxBMD.com.
Or list the names (of the deceased); I can look them up on Burial Registers.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 19 July 16 12:55 BST (UK) »
Sorry to have caused problems and thanks to everyone for  your for your help. I did not contact the society as they say that replies can take a few days and I  was hoping for a quick  reply.  The Bmds are no help as I need maps of the church yards and grave numbers.
I will try the Peel library. This site can be closed as completed. Thank you Humphpaul
Paul, Humphrey, Vaughan, Lewis, Williams, Parry, Jones, Fairclough, Howard, Allan, Baylis, Wright, Ritson.
Barmouth, Llangellinin, Liverpool, Maryport Cumberland, Port Glasgow, Nercwys (Nerquis), Mold, Gwysaney, Hope, Doddleston, Higher Kinnerton.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 19 July 16 13:42 BST (UK) »
You will be wanting the Peel Cemetery, on the main road from Douglas, just on the outskirts of Peel.

If it's anything like Braddan and Onchan, the graves will be in chronological order.
So it should be fairly easy to find what you are looking for ;D

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 19 July 16 16:20 BST (UK) »
Sorry to have caused problems and thanks to everyone for  your for your help. I did not contact the society as they say that replies can take a few days and I  was hoping for a quick  reply.  The Bmds are no help as I need maps of the church yards and grave numbers.
I will try the Peel library. This site can be closed as completed. Thank you Humphpaul

The society is there to help with enquiries such as these they've helped me in the past. Other sources of help for such enquiries:-

Manx Museum: e-mail= enquiries [at] mnh.gov.im

http://www.isle-of-man.com/genealogy/messageboard/index.pl

Blue

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Maud Paul.Died 1951. Buried Malew
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 11 August 16 13:01 BST (UK) »
May I thank Pauline Johns in the society library and  all who helped with this query. I was over last week and found the grave with the help of the Rev. James McGowan who took me straight to it

Then I went to Port Erin and found where Maud's Sunnyside Cafe used to be at 7, Station Rd. After 1951 it was the Commissioner's office and then the IoM bank as it is now.

I also found an article written about 1985 about  another aunt of mine called Doris WAINE who went to help Maud in 1927 and was still there in 1985 doing something in the catering trade I think. Before 1936 Doris had gone to work for Ambrose Qualtrough the butcher who also did seasonal catering. But when he got ill and died in 1936 she helped to care for him.

Later Doris had a cafe on Shore Rd I think. She was still in the area in 1987 aged 86. I have been unable to find her death or burial on The Island or mainland or any marriage anywhere for a change of name. So this is my big quest now and  again I welcome any ideas for finding her.

Thanks for reading all this. Cheers Humphpaul

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 11 August 16 13:53 BST (UK) »
Hmmm - nothing on ManxBMD.com?
Just a death of Harriet Waine in 2000 and Sidney Waine in 1977.

Nothing on iMuseum.im either?

Are you sure of the spelling of Waine?
And, what was Maud's name, please?

EDIT
Could this be her death?
1991, Douglas, Doris Isobel Wain