Author Topic: Michael Dolan was from Arm, Ballinapark, Castlerea  (Read 5256 times)

Offline Henrietta189

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Dolan was from Arm, Ballinapark, Castlerea
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 04 July 17 12:46 BST (UK) »
I am Henrietta McHugh nee Devlin. Thank you for the great photo. I think this was taken in Holyhead, Anglesey, Wales in about 1935. The occasion would have been around the death on 2 December 1934 of my Grandmother Emma Mary Cuddy nee Dolan known as 'Minnie' who was born in Roscommon on 23 February 1883. The man on the far left is Michael Dolan, Minnie's father who was born 28 September 1851 so would have been about 84 in photo.The woman in the white top is Mary Anne Brown born 1863 so would have been about 72 in photo. Other people sitting in the front row of the photo from right to left Theresa Cuddy, Margaret Cuddy (my mother who is still living aged 98) and Mary Cuddy who were all Minnie's children. The lady at the back on the right is a friend of the Cuddy's in Holyhead called Jane Edwards.

Offline cullenfamily

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Dolan was from Arm, Ballinapark, Castlerea
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 05 July 17 03:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Henrietta,

Michael Dolan was my great grandfather, his eldest son Peter was my grandfather and marreid to Mary Kate Grogan. The photo above was not taken in Holyhead, Anglesey but in Arm, Castlerea, Roscommon outside the original Dolan house. It is amazing that your mother is still living and hopefully has given you a lot  of information on the family. Could I ask you to share that info with me and I will gladly give you all I have. I have also compiled a family tree and would love to send it to you. Can I have your direct email address or if you prefer to reply to mine (*)
 I do believe I have some very interesting information you may like. I look forward to hearing from you.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php