Author Topic: Lost Ives Children.  (Read 5379 times)

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Ives Children.
« Reply #18 on: Monday 18 July 16 11:56 BST (UK) »
I did think you had probably contacted Bucks CC but just thought I would mention it. :) Now that Thomas William in Liverpool is looking very good, well done, so if he joined the Merchant Navy did his brother Henry George also do the same. Ummm.

Out of interest do you know where Henry Snr. died, I see you have his death c1870 but I haven't been able to find it, a senior moment perhaps. ;D

Maddie
Beament, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Canada, USA.
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire
Warrell/Worrel, Bucks & Herts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 18 July 16 13:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Maddie.

His death is a bit of a calculated, reasoned guess really, as the only one I could find that made sense, was one for Henry AVES, abt 1823. A/M/J-1870. R.D.Southwark.

I did a search for the children, but came up with nothing.

I contacted the Families of British Homes - British Home Child Group International on faceboook, which I think is for the search for Children sent to Canada, for child labour.  None of my lost Ives children in their files.  Very good site, indeed. :)

Obviously they are somewhere to be found, and perhaps I'm missing the obvious.  But so far drawn nothing......YET. ;)

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 18 July 16 13:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve

Pleased to hear you were able to get info from the British Home Child site, at least you don't need to search any more in that region.

I don't think that Henry Aves death in 1870 is your man as there is a probate record for who I believe is him on Ancestry. Died 24th April at St Thomas Hospital Newington, late of Larkhall Lane Clapham, (oh boy that place bugs me, I had an ancestor die in the cop shop in Larkhall Lane. ;D) Henry Aves Will was proved by his brother Thomas who was an Omnibus Driver. :-\ The only death I could see for a Henry Ives was June qtr 1866 Islington aged 43 but if that is him then who was Sarah's dad. :)

Hey ho, keep looking. :D

Maddie
Beament, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Canada, USA.
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire
Warrell/Worrel, Bucks & Herts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 18 July 16 14:26 BST (UK) »
Yes, the death was in 'pencil', as most of this Ives mob seems to be. ;D

Sarah Ives -1869, was the reason for the death of 1870 for her father really.

The baptism from my BucksFHS Ives baptisms PDF, just shows mothers name. (21 Aug 1870 Sarah, child of Elenor IVES of Eton Union). not father deceased, so I did assume, rightly or wrongly, that as he was dead that he didn't need to be named. It's happened before with others, that have entered the Workhouse without being baptised, then paid for by the Union.

I suppose the only way with Sarah, is the birth cert really, but funds don't allow.

Yep...the search goes on. ;D

Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.

Offline miriamkinga

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Kingston Goater 1853-1920
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 18 July 16 15:06 BST (UK) »
There's a marriage for an Eleanor Mary Ives in 1894 (St Olave vol 1d page 398) - possible candidates are the wonderfully named Knot Sheldron Bell or Alfred Edmund Chinn.

1901 census has a Knott S Bell with wife Eleanor M, gives her DOB as 1871 and POB as Rotherhithe.
GOATER, LAN, ALL
BOURKE, MAYO/ LAN
LONERGAN, TIP
McGREAL, MAYO
FLAHERTY, GALWAY/ ALL
HOUGH, LAN/ ALL

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 18 July 16 17:23 BST (UK) »
There's a marriage for an Eleanor Mary Ives in 1894 (St Olave vol 1d page 398) - possible candidates are the wonderfully named Knot Sheldron Bell or Alfred Edmund Chinn.

1901 census has a Knott S Bell with wife Eleanor M, gives her DOB as 1871 and POB as Rotherhithe.

She appears to be daughter of John & Emily Ives.  Baptised, 29 Sept.1871 @ Rotherhithe.  Born, 4 May 1871.  Although her registration seems to be missing on Ancestry, I think it appears on FS, as Ellen Mary Ives, O/N/D - 1871. Pancras, London. ???
Although, finding her before 1901 is not good, but appears in 1911, born HITHE.(Rotherhithe on original image). ::)

I had earmarked that one you found, but was never convinced about it. ;D

Thanks very much for looking.

Offline miriamkinga

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Kingston Goater 1853-1920
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 20 July 16 09:44 BST (UK) »
No problem Steve, wish we could get you closer to finding them  :(
GOATER, LAN, ALL
BOURKE, MAYO/ LAN
LONERGAN, TIP
McGREAL, MAYO
FLAHERTY, GALWAY/ ALL
HOUGH, LAN/ ALL

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 20 July 16 13:08 BST (UK) »
No problem Steve, wish we could get you closer to finding them  :(

Yep, just have to see what pops up, if anything. But stranger things have happened. :)

Offline Bucksgirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 05 August 16 19:21 BST (UK) »
Thought I would try a different angle and looked for deaths.  These 2 could be possiblities
William P IVES b1858 died Northampton 1916
Thomas W IVES b1860 died Southwark 1923
might be easier to go backwards
Jenny
Dundas, Angus Scotland / Earp, Staffs / Langford, London / Kipling, Hull /  Peel, Cumber / Green & Common, Northumb / Raw, Yorks / Ball, Stevens, Folly, Morrice, Montague, Beeson, Peedle, Peddle & Tucker all Bucks