Author Topic: Corry family of Monaghan  (Read 4467 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Corry family of Monaghan
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 July 16 21:34 BST (UK) »
The Rockcorry ones moved!!

CORRY, Isaac, Esq., of Abbey Yard, co. Down.

Eldest son of the late Trevor Corry, Esq., of Newry, by Anne, eldest dau. of the late Savage Hall, Esq.,
of Narrow Water, co. Down; b. 1810; s. 1838; m. 1840 Ellis, 2nd dau. of Henry Ryan, Esq., of Kilfera,
co. Kilkenny, and by her (who d. 1861) has issue, * Trevor, b. 1846.

Mr. Corry, who was educated at Winchester and Trinity Coll., Dublin, is a J.P. and D.L. for co. Down,
and a Magistrate for co. Armagh ; formerly Capt. North Downshire Rifles.

This family was formerly of Rockcorry, co. Monaghan. — now, Abbey Yard, near Newry, co. Down.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Jennifer Morris Lyons

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 18 July 16 21:45 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to read George Corry's will in the England and Wales, Prerogative Court of Canterbury Wills 1384-1858 on Ancestry. Apparently George had land in Cork (Ballinboren?) but lived in England.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 18 July 16 22:10 BST (UK) »
 There were a father and son with the name Thomas Charles Steuart Corry...

Mary Steuart^ relict of the late Thomas Charles Steuart Corry , Rockcorry Castle, Co, Monaghan ;
Born at Brandon^ Suffolk, May 23rd, 1795 ;Died at Belfast, Ireland, November 2nd, 1871

the Stewart estate passed to a nephew, Thomas Charles Stewart Corry,
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline pommum

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 25 November 17 03:56 GMT (UK) »
I am an ancestor of John Corry and Alice Vaughan Corry of Rockcorry Castle.They were my 6th Grandparents, their son Thomas Corry was my 5th Grandfather, followed by his son George Corry 1764 - 1865.  My 3rd Grandfather, Isaac Corry, son of George, was born in Middlesex England and died in Perth, Ontario, Canada in 1881. The Corry family established four lumber mills in Ontario and changed the spelling of their name from Corry to Korry which enabled them to make a K in their logs with an axe.  My mother Orpha (Corry) Korry, was a  Great-Granddaughter of Isaac Corry. I would appreciate any information on the Corry family in Ireland, and in England, after they left Rockcorry, Ireland. Thank you for your assistance. PM