Author Topic: how to find information on my uncle Jack wilson  (Read 2844 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: help please
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 19 July 16 10:05 BST (UK) »
From FamilySearch: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XTXL-SBR

A possible:

Helen Simpson Cargill
Gender   Female
Birth Date   07 Jun 1891
Birthplace   Dysart, Fife, Scotland
Father's Name   John Housten Cargill
Mother's Name   Rachel Bissett Cargill
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline jackie563

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 19 July 16 10:20 BST (UK) »
Good evening everyone
YOU ALL NEEDA BIG HUG ANDVTHANKS

on fathers birth certificate it says 13th march 1921gertrude place barrhead neilston parish, father james wilson tramcar driver and mother helen simpson cargill wilson and some other writing saying 1918 blythwood glasgow..I went to ancestry again,(should set up office there seems I live in the place)I found them and I came back here and all your searching is correct thank you so much...I rang my brother in nsw and he said uncle jack was on a ship that sounds like inchin or something..I come here and you found that its itchen .I cannot tell you how appreciated I am by all of you..see we grew up thinking uncle jack and aunty margaret...nobody ever told us john and elizabeth margaret..we came to Australia in 1970 and I guess when your parents are trying to tell you history of the family and you have a beach across the road well needless to say I reckon you can guess what we chose lol...
after reading about the itchen and seeing the list of men on board , breaks my heart to think most were just babies at17 and 18 and 19..after all the using different names ive decided to use my full name of jacqueline instead of jackie just incase my future family want to research me ...Thanks so much
Jacqueline

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 19 July 16 10:36 BST (UK) »
Well welcome Jacquline  ;D

I think 1918  Blythwood is the date and place, of parent's marraige, see a previous post.

I had an uncle Jack who I didn't know was John until his death. His brother was uncle Lucky and I discovered he was Phillip Arthur on his father's death cert. Then there was Aunty Peggy who was Johannah Margaret. Then there was cousin Chookie and I still can't recall his real name.

Add to that, my aunt did call me Jamjar.

There is much to be found on your family but you will need to pay for some of it.

Family search can be useful and it's free https://familysearch.org/search/

May I suggest that you ask for this to be moved to the Scotland Renfrewshire board, they may be able to assist with cemetery photos or other local records. To do that go to you original post and at the bottom corner you'll see a 'report to moderator' click on it and when the box comes up add your request.

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline jackie563

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 19 July 16 10:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks
I have done what you suggested
by the way I like the name jamjar...

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: how to find information on my uncle Jack wilson
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 19 July 16 18:59 BST (UK) »
Wow! Great result for you Jackie with everyone's contributions.

You mentioned Ancestry earlier. There is a family tree here http://person.ancestry.co.uk/tree/31209637/person/12784925163/facts for a sister to your father which provides further details. Lots of details there on the earlier generations that will be a good base to work from. You could also make contact with the tree owner as likely to be a cousin of some degree  :)

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk