Author Topic: ALVELEY help offered..  (Read 1250 times)

Offline alveleyhistorian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
ALVELEY help offered..
« on: Sunday 24 July 16 07:14 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
Many of you know, I have been studying alveley history for many years, and accumulated a vast amount of info.I am having a big tidy up of my history files this week, and everything is in a big handy pile...so if  you're doing their family tree, connected to alveley, Romsley, birds green or fenn green etc...please get in touch

Offline alveleyhistorian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: ALVELEY help offered..
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 March 17 16:48 GMT (UK) »
we also have lots of new photographs of the village of yesteryear etc..anyone interested in alveley please get in touch

Offline fauxy lady

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 June 17 08:04 BST (UK) »
I have written about my mystery ggg grandfather charles Jones under osborne/jones in the Worcestershire section but this man stated that he was born in Alveley Shropshire at the birth of his first child in Australia in 1857. His parents are vague maybe Harry and Jane, Edwin Charles and Catherine Jane Bradley or Jane and Joseph. His father was a cordwainer / shoemaker.  When he was born is equally confusing possibly 1825 - 1830. He married Susannah Osborne. If anyone knows anything i would love some help. Fauxy Lady

Offline alveleyhistorian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 June 17 10:10 BST (UK) »
I have written about my mystery ggg grandfather harles Jones under osborne/jones in the Worcestershire section but this man stated that he was born in Alveley Shropshire at the birth of his first child in Australia in 1857. His parents are vague maybe Harry and Jane, Edwin Charles and Catherine Jane Bradley or Jane and Joseph. His father was a cordwainer / shoemaker.  When he was born is equally confusing possibly 1825 - 1830. He married Susannah Osborne. If anyone knows anything i would love some help. Fauxy Lady

a large majority of the parish registers are online -
 try here - http://www.alveleyhistoricalsociety.com/registers.html

Offline fauxy lady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 20 June 17 14:30 BST (UK) »
thanks historian but it cuts off at 1812. What i need would be later. Fauxy Lady

Offline alveleyhistorian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 20 June 17 16:19 BST (UK) »
thanks historian but it cuts off at 1812. What i need would be later. Fauxy Lady

'findmypast' have the Alveley parish church registers - 1837 to 1900..that might help..

Offline fauxy lady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 20 June 17 23:36 BST (UK) »
thanks I will try them.