Author Topic: Gwilts brick wall  (Read 4363 times)

Offline bim

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gwilts brick wall
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 16 October 18 14:44 BST (UK) »
I have been looking into the Gwilts on our family tree again to see if there is any connection with your Gwilts. Charles Gwilt (1868) & Emma nee Blakemore had 7 children but only 1 son, Thomas Charles (1842) I think he was named after his grandfather Thomas (1842) and his father Charles. Charles and Emma went to Canada in early 1900's. I am sure there will be a connection between the families, too much coincidence really, but it could be a distance further back.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 17:03 BST (UK) »
Hi there

In case you didn't have it, I thought I would post the military file for Thomas. Click on the PDF link part way down the page to download the complete file. It will be VERY slow to download.

https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/military-heritage/first-world-war/personnel-records/Pages/item.aspx?IdNumber=438137

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline bim

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 23:26 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for the military record of our relative Thomas Charles Gwilt, really interesting and adds a bit of flesh to the bones!!
Bim