Author Topic: George Taylor Walker born 1827 in Paisley  (Read 7716 times)

Offline DGEO

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Taylor Walker born 1827 in Paisley
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 09 August 18 14:07 BST (UK) »
Hi ISK,

My grandmother was Gila Beltran Walker, her mother was Isabel Walker Apodaca, and the parents of Isabel were George Taylor Walker (from Paisley, Scotland) and Gila Apodaca Ibarra (from Aguajito, Choix, Sinaloa, Mexico).

I would like to know if you have a birth certificate of George Taylor Apodaca, or if should could please instruct me how to get one. I am living in London and I would like to take the opportunity to visit Paisley, Scotland.

Thank you.

DGEO

Offline DGEO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 09 August 18 14:18 BST (UK) »
HI ISK,

Any information will be really appreciate it.

Thank you.

DGEO

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 10 August 18 16:36 BST (UK) »
I would like to know if you have a birth certificate of George Taylor Apodaca, or if should could please instruct me how to get one.
If you mean the birth certificate of George Taylor Walker, rather than George Taylor Apodaca, there is no birth certificate, because George Taylor Walker was born before the start of civil registration in Scotland.

(If I understand the Spanish/Mexican system of names correctly, someone named George Taylor Apodaca would be George, son of a Mr Taylor whose father-in-law's surname was Apodaca?)

You can view an image of the baptism record of George Taylor Walker at www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk at modest cost, or perhaps one of the other descendants who have contributed to this thread may already have a copy and be willing to share it with you.

Do not expect to see the original record. Members of the public are not allowed to look at the original book, which is kept in Edinburgh, not in Paisley.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Heiner

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 02 November 19 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Best regards, my name is Heiner Beltran, I am a descendant of George T Walker, my great grandmother was Isabela Walker Beltran, daughter of George Walker, jesus beltran's wife,  sister of Jorge W, Tia de Efren W, son of Jorge W, Mother of Alegrandro Beltran Walker, George's first grandson, and Gila beltran Walker, I'm grandson of Alejandro Beltran Walker, My father is Guillermo Beltran son of Alejandro, It's nice to hear about the offspring of our roots, through history, Thank you. :D

Offline KMD31

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 11 November 19 21:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello AFW, (and others)
I found this forum via google after searching for George Taylor Walker, born 1827. I am hoping that we could exchange pictures. :)
Like you, George Taylor Walker was my 3x great grandfather. My grandmother Bertha’s mother was Enriqueta Echavarria, whose mother was Teodosa. Teodosa was a sister of Jorge Apodaca.
I do have one picture of Teodosa, taken with her daughters and granddaughter.
Sincerely,
Karina (in California)

Offline Enrique3990

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 12:54 BST (UK) »
Hey all, I’ve been trying to find more about where my family comes from and so I found this thread doing google searches, so I figured I share this, my name is Pedro Navarro Miranda, my grandfather was Jesus Miranda Walker, his mother was Luz Walker, her father was Jorge Walker and his father was George T. Walker.

Offline gabbyabril

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 29 January 24 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Gila Apodaca and George Taylor Walker had a daughter named Isabel Apodaca Walker (1868-1962), who married Jesus Beltran Beltran Serrano (1870-1937). Jesus and Isabel are my great-great-grandparents.