Author Topic: George Taylor Walker born 1827 in Paisley  (Read 7351 times)

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: George Taylor Walker born 1827 in Paisley
« Reply #18 on: Monday 19 June 17 11:35 BST (UK) »
Guadalupe's latest post is asking how many children George and Gila had. Her previous one asked for their names.

The 'community contributed' IGI lists four children of George J Walker and Gila Apodaca Ibarra
Isabel, born 1859
Alejandro, born 1870
Teodosa, born 1872
Jorge, born 1875
all in Aquajito Del Bajahui, Choix, Sinaloa, Mexico

Maybe someone who has access to the A*****y tree mentioned upthread could take a look and see if the information there matches the information submitted to the IGI? There seems to be quite a gap between Isabel and Alejandro.

The two younger children, Teodosa and Jorge, are in the 1930 census of Mexico, according to www.familysearch.org.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Lenagh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 20 June 17 15:43 BST (UK) »
Guadalupe's latest post is asking how many children George and Gila had. Her previous one asked for their names.]

The 'community contributed' IGI lists four children of George J Walker and Gila Apodaca Ibarra
Isabel, born 1859
Alejandro, born 1870
Teodosa, born 1872
Jorge, born 1875
all in Aquajito Del Bajahui, Choix, Sinaloa, Mexico

Maybe someone who has access to the A*****y tree mentioned upthread could take a look and see if the information there matches the information submitted to the IGI? There seems to be quite a gap between Isabel and Alejandro.

The two younger children, Teodosa and Jorge, are in the 1930 census of Mexico, according to www.familysearch.org.

The names and births match, however, there are no sources attached.

There is a lengthy death certificate for George on Family Search and another that might be a confirmation of death of Jorge by Alejandro - all written in Spanish.  (Not sure if this info has already been mentioned as I didn't fully read all previous posts).

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 20 June 17 18:42 BST (UK) »
I just looked for both of those on Family Search but neither came up. Which collection did you find them in?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Lenagh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 20 June 17 21:33 BST (UK) »
Not sure which collection they would be in.  Family Search images are also on Ancestry.

I just sent you an email.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 20 June 17 22:05 BST (UK) »
E-mail received. If I could read the handwriting I might be able to translate them! However maybe Guadalupe could read them more easily?

Offline KMG1124

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 16 June 18 05:20 BST (UK) »
Hello my husband is also related to George Walker and Gila Apodaca. They had 5 children and one of the children had my husband's grandmother (Gila Beltran Walker). Would definitely love to give him more info on his Scottish family.

Offline isk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 21 June 18 22:50 BST (UK) »
Hello KMG1124.  I began this thread. George Walker's sister, Isabella was married to my husband's great grandfather Duncan Walker (unrelated families). Isabella and Duncan Walker had 4 sons, John , Archibald, George, and Alexander.  Alexander was my husband's grandfather. He married Agnes Jardine and they had 5 sons, Duncan, James, Alexander, George and Robert. I am happy to let you have more information but it should be by personal message and in order to do that you must write two more posts. Hope to hear from you.  isk.

Offline KMG1124

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 22 June 18 02:40 BST (UK) »
Hello isk
I've tried to find out more about George Walker and his side of the family. Reading ur previous post I understand he was a captain? Do u know anything about what he did before going to Mexico? Is there any pictures of him?

Offline KMG1124

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 22 June 18 02:46 BST (UK) »
Also I do have a picture of Isabel Apodaca Walker (one of George Walkers daughters)