Author Topic: Patrick Martin, Drogheda  (Read 2387 times)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Martin, Drogheda
« Reply #9 on: Monday 01 August 16 10:58 BST (UK) »
agreed gaffy

these dates may have been assumed on the data received to date - if it was obtained on census or other records it would mean the whole family being correct would have to be questioned
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline bobcollier

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Martin, Drogheda
« Reply #10 on: Monday 01 August 16 13:48 BST (UK) »
Thank you hallmark, gaffy, Sinann, and myluck! for your help. I had the baptism records for Sophia and Eliza from a source other than the NLI website - I didn't know the Catholic Parish Registers were viewable online until today, thank you especially for that. I didn't know about Mary and Thomas.

The year of birth I have for Patrick Martin does seem very suspicious now. I got the information from an indirect descendant of Sophia Martin in Ireland (she's the granddaughter of the sister of the wife of one of Sophia's sons - don't know if there's an actual name for that in a relationship chart). Eliza Thompson's year of birth seems okay. I'll check with my informant where she got her information from.

In the meantime, not having anything more than the name, I guess the Patrick Martin recorded in the Griffith's Valuation could be anybody.

Thanks again fo your help. Much appreciated.