Author Topic: Baptism of Rachel Pound, born in Poulton circa 1795 - 1800 COMPLETED  (Read 1013 times)

Offline jbml

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Baptism of Rachel Pound, born in Poulton circa 1795 - 1800 COMPLETED
« on: Tuesday 02 August 16 19:27 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the baptism of Rachel Pound, who married Thomas Shurman in Poulton in 1826.

All of the census entries I have for her are unanimous that she was born in Poulton, Wiltshire (although I rather gather it may have wandered into Gloucestershire and back from time to time).

Her age is recorded as follows:

1841: 45 years old
1851: 50 years old
1861: no record. Living in Ruislip and probably on one of the missing pages
1871: 76 years old
1881: 88 years old
1885: age registered at death 90 years old

This is a remarkably consistent set of ages, so I am pretty confident in saying that she was born in Poulton circa 1795 - 1800; and if some kind person can come up with a baptism record then I should be exceedingly grateful.

Thanking you in advance for anything you can turn up  :)
All identified names up to and including my great x5 grandparents: Abbot Andrews Baker Blenc(h)ow Brothers Burrows Chambers Clifton Cornwell Escott Fisher Foster Frost Giddins Groom Hardwick Harris Hart Hayho(e) Herman Holcomb(e) Holmes Hurley King-Spooner Martindale Mason Mitchell Murphy Neves Oakey Packman Palmer Peabody Pearce Pettit(t) Piper Pottenger Pound Purkis Rackliff(e) Richardson Scotford Sherman Sinden Snear Southam Spooner Stephenson Varing Weatherley Webb Whitney Wiles Wright

Offline robo196

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile

Offline jbml

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism of Rachel Pound, born in Poulton circa 1795 - 1800
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 August 16 21:35 BST (UK) »
That link would be very helpful, I'm sure robo, if it didn't freeze up my computer when I try to follow it.

I tried accessing the site in other ways and it won't register an account for me - again, it just all locks up at "Tell Us a Little About Yourself".

So ... if there's some information there ... and I'm guessing from your post that you're trying to imply that there is ... I remain in need of lookup assistance here.
All identified names up to and including my great x5 grandparents: Abbot Andrews Baker Blenc(h)ow Brothers Burrows Chambers Clifton Cornwell Escott Fisher Foster Frost Giddins Groom Hardwick Harris Hart Hayho(e) Herman Holcomb(e) Holmes Hurley King-Spooner Martindale Mason Mitchell Murphy Neves Oakey Packman Palmer Peabody Pearce Pettit(t) Piper Pottenger Pound Purkis Rackliff(e) Richardson Scotford Sherman Sinden Snear Southam Spooner Stephenson Varing Weatherley Webb Whitney Wiles Wright

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 August 16 22:39 BST (UK) »
Hi

Think this is it in GLOUCESTERSHIRE Poulton records on Anc*

Rachel Pound bpt. 4 Sep 1796, parents: Richard and Betty Pound.

claire

PS ~ the link worked for me jbml, I don't understand why it won't for you
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jbml

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 02 August 16 22:48 BST (UK) »
Oooooh ... thank you, Claire - that looks like it.

I suspect the link doesn't work for me because my computer is a complete piece of antiquated equipment ...

But this looks good. And these ones matter to me because Rachel Pound, and Betty, are in my pure matrilineal line. These ARE ancestors, without a doubt, no matter what. Maternity is a matter fo fact; paternity is a matter of opinion.