Author Topic: John Allan  (Read 439 times)

Offline llea52

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Allan
« on: Saturday 06 August 16 19:32 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm trying to find information on John (Jake) Allan and his ancestry. All that I know about him is that in 1949/50 he lived in Logie Gardens, Aberdeen and at that time was a dairy worker. He was probably born between 1915-1925 and was dead by 1969. Any information would be much appreciated. Cheers, Lesley

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: John Allan
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 August 16 21:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Lesley,

If it's the case you do not know that the person is now deceased then a Moderator will delete your info. as no names of living/possibly living persons is permitted on this site.

If you know for sure he's now deceased, you need to include this in your post before it's deleted.

You have 24 hrs to edit your post if you click on the top right side where it says "Modify"

Can I ask why your enquiry with so little details?

If deceased I'm sure with more info. there will be more you can achieve.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 August 16 22:06 BST (UK) »
Can you tell us the circumstances as to how you know in 1949/50 he was living in Logie Gardens, Aberdeen please?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 14 August 16 21:43 BST (UK) »
I suggest you do a search on scotlandspeople for his death. If he died pre 1965 you will be able to view the death certificate online.
Regards,
flst

TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.