Author Topic: Edmond Tobin family in Clonmel and Tipperary 1880-1895  (Read 2169 times)

Offline GerryLS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edmond Tobin family in Clonmel and Tipperary 1880-1895
« Reply #36 on: Monday 12 June 17 20:57 BST (UK) »
Just an update: I've gotten no further with this family, but my other half had his application for registering his birth as an Irish foreign birth on the basis of the information I have been able to find. Guess the Irish government isn't as picky as myself as a genealogist as I'm not 100% I've got the right family.

Thanks for all your help.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 13 June 17 00:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks for letting us know.
Images of Certs have come online since you first posted so I thought I'd have a look for an Edmond Tobin blacksmith death between 1895 and 1930. I only found one. It's in 1895 but unless his wife was a good bit younger that him he looks unlikely.
Edmond Tobin aged 62, Henry St. Tipperary, Smith, wife Margaret.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1895/05930/4684378.pdf

Oh that's the Edmond that was married to Margaret Usher
Daughter Bridger born 1894
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1894/02249/1846477.pdf
She got married again in 1921.

Sorry going around in circles.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline GerryLS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 13 June 17 08:09 BST (UK) »
Both of those are the right Edmond. His 2nd wife Margaret Usher was about 20 years younger than him. Nice to see the actual certificates.

Thanks.