Author Topic: margaret lewis/ henry walsh  (Read 2995 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: margaret lewis/ henry walsh
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 07 August 16 18:43 BST (UK) »

As there is a large gap in age between Mary & Henry is Margaret Henry's second wife?

I wondered that but because of the age gap between Mary and Jeremiah. Children in between could have died though but my thoughts too.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bearnan

• RootsChat Member
  • The boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 07 August 16 18:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for looking. It had occurred to us there may have been a previous marriage, or lost babies. So obviously something we need to consider.

Offline teddygreen1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 07 August 16 19:11 BST (UK) »
thank you all for your replies much appreciated. its been so frustrating trying to find them and did wonder about the age difference between Margaret and henry. i did look up mary maguire     , (michael lewis ) margaret brothers wife and found  that she was born in aughagower mayo ireland.
thanks for looking again
kath

Offline teddygreen1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 11 August 16 15:12 BST (UK) »
i think  i had to draw the line and admit defeat. i did find a margarita walsh born to henry and bridget doe in 1835.i also found a wedding of a henricum walsh to catharinam keating but nothing else
kath

Offline teddygreen1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 05 September 16 18:26 BST (UK) »
just to let people know i found a baptism yesturday that maybe of interest . its a mary walsh  born in limmerick to a henry walsh and a mary peragrim in 1838 or 9.
kath

Offline Bearnan

• RootsChat Member
  • The boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 07 September 16 14:21 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone I'm beginning to think Margaret Lewis wasn't the mother of Mary Walsh because of the big gap between Mary and her brother Jeremiahs birth.........I decided this morning to have a look at marriages in Liverpool on Family Search and found a marriage on 2nd May 1839 between Henry Walsh and a Mary O'callaghan. It didn't say if the couple were born in Ireland. It did say that Henry's father was Jeremiah. Henry Walsh and Margarets first born was Jeremiah and I wonder if he was named after his grandfather......
I realise this is a long shot especially as I can't find anything else about them.

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 09 September 16 01:07 BST (UK) »
I think the Russell Street mentioned on the marriage record from St Patrick's could be Russell Street South which was originally called Dooley Street then Russell Street South then Fernie Street. That was near to Harper Street where the family are in 1851. Harper Street was renamed Goring Street. These addresses were between Mill Street and Essex Street. My Kellys were in Dooley Street in 1841. St Patrick's was the local RC church for that area:-

http://www.liverpoolhistoryprojects.co.uk/liverpoolaz/uw1013.htm

Blue

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 09 September 16 02:06 BST (UK) »
thank you all for your replies much appreciated. its been so frustrating trying to find them and did wonder about the age difference between Margaret and henry. i did look up mary maguire     , (michael lewis ) margaret brothers wife and found  that she was born in aughagower mayo ireland.
thanks for looking again
kath

Mary Maguire's parents were Thomas and Bridget Maguire the Mayo baptism was to a Pat and Bridget Maguire so it's a different family.

Blue

Offline teddygreen1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 09 September 16 16:43 BST (UK) »
thank you  for this information and the map. greatly appreciated
kath