Author Topic: Cannock Parish Records on CD from BMSGH  (Read 604 times)

Offline ellanvannin52

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cannock Parish Records on CD from BMSGH
« on: Tuesday 09 August 16 15:03 BST (UK) »
There is a downloadable transcript for the parish records of Cannock for sale on the BMSGH site.  I'm wondering if anyone has a copy and could check something for me?  I already have an Excel record of Cannock's PRs but I'm not sure if it's complete, and would like someone who has the CD to check for me if the amount of records for the following years is the same on the CD as it is on my spreadhseet:-

1720 - no entries
1725 - one baptism, one burial
1726 - 3 baptisms, one burial

Also, does anyone know if there is a transcript of Cannock's BTs?  I do know that some of the parish records were lost in a fire.

Thanks.

Offline judyflute

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Cannock Parish Records on CD from BMSGH
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 April 17 13:19 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I've just come across your question about Cannock. The transcript you mention is the SPRS transcript and it only has what you list from your excel files.  Lichfield Record Office (unless they have already transferred the BTs to Stafford) have the BT's for Cannock and they do cover the records that were destroyed by fire but I can't tell you what they have for 1720, 1725 & 1726 etc. I have looked at the Cannock BT's on film via an LDS library which is why I know they exist and can warn you they are hard to read. I'm not aware of any transcripts unless they have one at Lichfield Record Office.

Judy
Shropshire: ELLISON, PORTER, ASTBURY, LOWE, BOTFIELD, WYCHERLEY, LEE, BICKERTON

Staffordshire:ELLISON, COPE, LEE, ASTBURY,TAYLOR, JEFFRIES, PIPER, TAFT, ROBINS, GRIFFITHS, TRUBSHAW, HARRISON, APPLEBY

Leicestershire: TAYLOR, SYKES, PEGG

Oxfordshire : UPTON, SAVAGE, NICHOLLS, WATKINS, CARTER, PARGITER, WING

Hampshire: JEFFERY, MARSHALL, BUDD, BARTHOLOMEW

Northamptonshire: ROBINS, MOLSHER RIVETT, FRENCH

Cheshire: ELLISON & BAKER

Warwickshire: WILKS, TOWNSEND, WYCHERLEY, TARVER, WATKINS

Offline ellanvannin52

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Cannock Parish Records on CD from BMSGH
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 April 17 14:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Judy, Thanks for your helpful reply re the Cannock BTs.  It seems my only option is to view them on film at either a Mormon Library or Staffs RO.

Whilst writing, I see that you have an interest in the TRUBSHAW name.  I have a Lucy MANN who married a Josiah TRUBSHAW born 1842 in St James, Norton Canes in 1865.  He then married her sister Sarah MANN in 1871 in St George's, Hanover Square, London.

If you have this family in your Tree, perhaps we can exchange some information?  Reply to me direct if you like at kpenny52@gmail.com
Regards
Kaye