Author Topic: Lewis Ormsby lived in Roscommon Ireland in 1831ish  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Miss nosy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lewis Ormsby lived in Roscommon Ireland in 1831ish
« on: Tuesday 09 August 16 17:27 BST (UK) »
Hi all I'm lookin for my 4 th great grandfather lewis Ormsby lived in Roscommon Ireland in 1831ish...that's when my 3rd great grandma was born I have all the details of her Kate a Ormsby born 1831 then she moved to Liverpool and Married my 3rd great grandfather Samuel roberts I'm intrigued about her dad lewis...any help I will be so great full thank you...

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Re: roscommon ireland
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 August 16 17:40 BST (UK) »
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Miss nosy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 August 16 17:54 BST (UK) »
Thank you....

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 09 August 16 20:47 BST (UK) »
Hi all I'm lookin for my 4 th great grandfather lewis Ormsby lived in Roscommon Ireland in 1831ish...that's when my 3rd great grandma was born I have all the details of her Kate a Ormsby born 1831 then she moved to Liverpool and Married my 3rd great grandfather Samuel roberts I'm intrigued about her dad lewis...any help I will be so great full thank you...

Is your post connected in some way to the original post?
hi i am looking for mary SWEENEY born in roscommon 1837 or any information of her parents
she moved to england in 1850s
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Miss nosy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 09 August 16 21:13 BST (UK) »
Sorry I seemed to of messed up again...thought I'd set this as a post not posted it to somebody else post really sorry

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Lewis Ormsby lived in Roscommon Ireland in 1831ish
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 10 August 16 10:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Miss Nosy,

Not to worry, I have just split off your bit to create a new topic ;)

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 10 August 16 13:24 BST (UK) »
A Lewis Ormsby who was a Coroner died Dec 1857 of Emla House,Roscommon
Administration to his daughter Maria Jane Harrison wife of Christopher Southley Harrison,Mount Cashell,Roscommon.
http://www.willcalendars.nationalarchives.ie/reels/cwa/005014885/005014885_00313.pdf

edited to add
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FGFS-FPJ

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01i6c/

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 10 August 16 14:04 BST (UK) »
Plenty of people researching Ormsby and for a few Euros/Dollars the Pedigrees can be got from National Library!

Ormsbys were all over the place as follows:  Estate records citing this source: Pedigree of the Family of Ormsby, formerly of Ormsby in Lincolnshire, now of Ireland..

are

Estate Ormsby (Cummeen)   Reference #16637: FULLER, J. F. Pedigree of the Family of Ormsby, formerly of Ormsby in Lincolnshire, now of Ireland. 2nd Series, Vol II

Estate Ormsby (Ballinamore)  Reference #16635: FULLER, J. F. Pedigree of the Family of Ormsby, formerly of Ormsby in Lincolnshire, now of Ireland. 2nd Series, Vol II, 15-18

Estate Ormsby (Castle Dargan) Reference #16636: FULLER, J. F. Pedigree of the Family of Ormsby, formerly of Ormsby in Lincolnshire, now of Ireland. 2nd Series, Vol II, 5

Estate Ormsby (Gortnaraby)  Reference #16638: FULLER, J. F. Pedigree of the Family of Ormsby, formerly of Ormsby in Lincolnshire, now of Ireland. 2nd Series, Vol II, 20

Estate Ormsby (Rinagry) Reference #16639: FULLER, J. F. Pedigree of the Family of Ormsby, formerly of Ormsby in Lincolnshire, now of Ireland. 2nd Series, Vol II, 19

Estate Pery/ Pery Knox Gore  Reference #16642: FULLER, J. F. Pedigree of the Family of Ormsby, formerly of Ormsby in Lincolnshire, now of Ireland. 2nd Series, Vol II, 6

Estate Ormsby (Tobervaddy)  Reference #16641: FULLER, J. F. Pedigree of the Family of Ormsby, formerly of Ormsby in Lincolnshire, now of Ireland. 2nd Series, Vol II, 9-12

Estate Ormsby (Rocksavage) Reference #16640: FULLER, J. F. Pedigree of the Family of Ormsby, formerly of Ormsby in Lincolnshire, now of Ireland. 2nd Series, Vol II, 15-16

Estate Ormsby (Athlacca)  Reference #17364: FULLER, J. F. Pedigree of the Family of Ormsby, formerly of Ormsby in Lincolnshire, now of Ireland. 2nd Series, Vol II, 9-12

Estate Ormsby (Bird Hill & Brookdale)  Reference #29384: FULLER, J. F. Pedigree of the Family of Ormsby, formerly of Ormsby in Lincolnshire, now of Ireland. 2nd Series, Vol II, 9-12

Pedigree of Ormsby of Sligo, and of Willowbrook, Co. Sligo, c.1600 -- 1803.
Dublin: National Library of Ireland, Genealogical Office: Ms. 168, pp. 342-3

Pedigree of Ormsby, c.1850 -- 1957
National Library of Ireland, Genealogical Office: Ms. 182a, pp. 165-6

Pedigree of Ormsby of Louth, Co. Lincoln, of Lissgallon and Ballymurray, Co. Roscommon, of Ballinamore, Carondangan and Milford and Knockmore in Co. Sligo, and of Toronto, Canada, c. 1500 -- 1871.
National Library of Ireland, Genealogical Office: Ms.182, pp.92-4

email jharte2'at'nli.ie
for the cost which is extremely reasonable!!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Miss nosy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 10 August 16 17:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you....there does seem to be a fare few ormsbys ...I don't have anything else to work on apart from my 3 rd great grandma was from Roscommon Ireland and her dad was called lewis...think she was born around 1831.....