Author Topic: Missing birth and marriage records for Hannah Murn  (Read 4639 times)

Offline radiator2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Missing birth and marriage records for Hannah Murn
« on: Thursday 11 August 16 14:55 BST (UK) »
I have started a new thread for this after receiving a lot of help from ShaunJ and others last month but wanting to separate this topic from the one regarding her Irish soldier husband. Hannah probably married Michael Meara in India while he was serving with the 1st Royals but record not found with British  India Office. In 1854 approx they had a son Lawrence (record not found) then Mary Ellen 1861 (record found), Catherine Lucy 1864 (not found) and finally Mary Ann 1867(record found) The baptism records are brief and both record mother incorrectly as Annie and Anna but no surname. The next child, Michael, was born in Nenagh 1870 mother Hannah nee Murn. The family came to Church Lancs in 1874 and Agnes Mary was born 1895 mother Hannah nee Morton then John born 1878 mother Hannah nee Murn, I have these last 2 birth certs and they are both signed by Hannah Meara and signatures are identical. I have not been able to trace Hannah Murn's birth in 1833, the 1881 census says Hannah Meara born Ireland, 1891 says born Gosport Lancashire and 1901 census says Gosport Hampshire. She died in 1903 and her grave is in Church Lancs along with those of Lawrence, Catherine and Mary Ann. Here she is described as "mother of Lawrence" rather than widow of Michael. Michael's date of death as yet unknown but could be 1881 to 1891. I am desperate for help in tracing Hannah's birth and marriage dates please.

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Missing birth and marriage records for Hannah Murn
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 November 19 13:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I know this post is from a while ago, I was browsing today and thought I would help.
this is Michael's Birth. They lived on Spout Road, which is the Dublin Road, if you search for the Abbey Court Hotel, get the street view and head for the town you will see a Spout, it was for fresh water in the 1800's, hence the name Spout Road!
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1870/03346/2226777.pdf
Maggsie

Offline radiator2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 November 19 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Maggsie, sorry to be so long.  The birth record for gt.gt.granddad O'Meara is a wonderful addition to the tree as I only had a vague possibility and now we have his birthday! His mum Hannah still remains a mystery though but we can't have everything. Thanks again, Sue

Offline cookejs

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 March 20 23:55 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Maggsie, sorry to be so long.  The birth record for gt.gt.granddad O'Meara is a wonderful addition to the tree as I only had a vague possibility and now we have his birthday! His mum Hannah still remains a mystery though but we can't have everything. Thanks again, Sue

Hi Sue. I am wondering if you are the same person that posted on the other genealogical site in 2016 researching this same person. I am also related to and researching this family. I’d love to get in touch and exchange info. Thanks, Jamie.

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 07 July 20 15:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Just thinking today so had another look at this and found this one......
Hannah  1901 was Annie's Daughter, place of birth Spout Road. Says Annie's Mother was Julia.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1901/01964/1757592.pdf
Maggsie