Author Topic: Clifton in omoy 1840'  (Read 3663 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: China . Frances augusta Clifton death 1905 . Shanghai
« Reply #9 on: Friday 23 December 16 21:33 GMT (UK) »
You weren't asked to "detail 50 years of geneology research in one post" but you have asked the same questions several times. You can always add to a previous topic, rather than starting a new one, but duplicate threads cause needless confusion for everyone.

Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Clifton in omoy 1840',shipping lists
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 29 July 17 07:36 BST (UK) »
Hi can some kind soul provide a link to any shipping links from UK to Omoy 1840 please. or list of English migrants, thank you
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Clifton in omoy 1840'
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 29 July 17 07:54 BST (UK) »
Is Omoy a town, city, or country?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 29 July 17 09:05 BST (UK) »
At least 20 previous threads  ::)

Two threads merged.

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 29 July 17 09:20 BST (UK) »
Hi omoy is in China. As I was asking a more general question I thought that it was ok. How does one approach this search if it has been unsuccessful in past?'i do not want any one to search for me in any shape or form please!  I am just asking if there is a person who has expertise in shipping lists to point me in right direction.
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 29 July 17 09:23 BST (UK) »
Is it Omoy or Amoy (a port city, now called Xiamen)?

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 29 July 17 09:23 BST (UK) »
As far as I know, Outward Passenger Lists from the UK only exist after 1890.
Previous years lists were destroyed.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 29 July 17 09:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you. Her obit said Omoy. It appears to be a early settlement entry point in China . I have reported myself to the moderator to try and learn what and how to ask similar but different questions in my unsuccessful quest. I am becoming too afraid 😨 to ask anymore as I don't know how to put them all in one folder. Fred

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 29 July 17 09:45 BST (UK) »
The problem that you've created in having so many topics is that you can't find what you've already posted and we are fed up reading through so many topics to see if you've already asked the same (or similar) question and gotten information. Thus, everyone gets confused. There's no need to start another new topic- when you have a new query just go through all your old ones and see where to continue.

The reason I asked if it was Amoy instead of Omoy is that Google (or any other site) doesn't show ANY results of 'Omoy, China.'

Hint: If you go into your profile http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=844
Click on 'show posts' http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=844
Then select 'topics' http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=topics;u=844
This will show you ALL the topics you have started

You can also go to the 'search' box (top of page) and use that to find a particular word or words that appears on Rootschat or your posts (put you user name in 'by user' box)