Author Topic: Loughgilly Armagh Toner quadruplets 1831  (Read 4417 times)

Offline RosemaryJoan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Loughgilly Armagh Toner quadruplets 1831
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 14 August 16 11:11 BST (UK) »
Maggbill,Are you looking for someone in Loughgilly?  Can we help?
RosemaryJoan
Cully, Bannister, McConnell, Wallace (Co. Armagh)  Anderson, Ross (Co. Antrim), Gray, Truesdale (Co. Down)
McCormick (Killyleagh and finally Belfast)

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Francis McNab 1874 - 1932
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 14 August 16 13:03 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
Thanks KGarrad for the link to the OttawaIrish with the blog about the NLI records/quads... very interesting.
RoseMaryJoan - I am looking for my Great grandfather Arthur Mc Donald, - his marriage record 1855 Glasgow says born Loch Gelly to James and Margaret McDonald.  On his death record it names parents as James McDonald and Bridget Toal!  - Sure it is the same man, not the first time I have seen conflicting parentage names on Death entries!
Have trawled through the RC baptism NLI records for Loughgilly from 1829 - right through to 1833.  "McDonnell" names are there, but not numerous.  Thought I had found something with a 15 August 1831 birth of "John of Jas. Mc Donnell and Bidy Toal, spn. John Cowan and Rose Toal"...  only time I have found names of James McD and "Bidy" (for Bridget) Toal.... But - hey I want an Arthur - not a John.. and I was more of the feeling that it was a "Margaret" for the mother..  Sorry to be long winded - hope this makes sense - Have gone through the registers at least twice..nothing else.... ?Dead end?
McNab, Kenney, Johnstone, Carrigan, (Cargan, Kirgan, Corrigan), Toll, Tracey, McNulty,  Reilly, Maguire, Loughlin, Banks, McGonagle, Forsyth, McDonald, Michael,  Kennedy, Bagnell, Cronan, Dunleavy, McMullan. -  Glasgow, Ireland, British Columbia Canada, Manchester New Hampshire USA.

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 August 16 13:06 BST (UK) »
Sorry of course I meant "Baptism" of a John... not "Birth".
McNab, Kenney, Johnstone, Carrigan, (Cargan, Kirgan, Corrigan), Toll, Tracey, McNulty,  Reilly, Maguire, Loughlin, Banks, McGonagle, Forsyth, McDonald, Michael,  Kennedy, Bagnell, Cronan, Dunleavy, McMullan. -  Glasgow, Ireland, British Columbia Canada, Manchester New Hampshire USA.

Offline RosemaryJoan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 14 August 16 13:32 BST (UK) »
Maggbill.  Have you searched for James and Bidy's marriage.  Who registered Arthur's death?
RosemaryJoan
Cully, Bannister, McConnell, Wallace (Co. Armagh)  Anderson, Ross (Co. Antrim), Gray, Truesdale (Co. Down)

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 14 August 16 13:44 BST (UK) »
Hi RoseMaryJoan
Arthur died when he was only 46 years of age - his wife Julia was the informant, and she knew that Arthur's father was "James.. a Ploughman" deceased, and stated his wife Bridget Toal also deceased - so she seemed to be knowledgeable enough about them I suppose...  I haven't actually looked for the marriage of James and ?Bridgets.  I only know of one sibling of Arthurs - a brother Patrick 7 years younger.. so chance is that the Marriage records might be fruitful - think they are from 1825 to 1844.... will give it a shot and let you know.... Thanks for the idea!

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 14 August 16 14:12 BST (UK) »
Hi again RosemaryJOan
Well, have just gone through the Loughgilly marriages - from 1825 to 1844 - Thank God they were generally very readable - much better than many - and I am getting so good at reading them!
Did find the famous Neal Tonner and S. Newell in 1826 marriage!!  But only managed to find two James McDonnells' - first in 1833 to a Margaret Mc Gee - and another in in 1842 to a Margaret Bennett....
Not too hopeful eh? 
My poor eyes have had enough for tonight.... tomorrow is another day -

Offline RosemaryJoan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 14 August 16 17:59 BST (UK) »
Nil desperandum!

Offline Pauline Loughran

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 09 April 17 15:12 BST (UK) »
Hello
I am a McDonnell from Loughgilly. And Arthur who held land there in 1825 is of my family. Son of James and Bidy (Bridget) Toal/Toole. Arthur baptised9th October 1826. I'm just new an RootsChat. A friend showed me this post
Pauline

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 10 April 17 07:15 BST (UK) »
Hi there Pauline,
Nice to hear from you.  Can you tell me what connection you have to Arthur McDonald?  I will have to refresh my memory on my Arthur's details - cos there is one vague conflict on his parentage... but will resurrect exact details and get back to you.  Have you actually found the original baptism ?  Talk again soon.
Maggie