Author Topic: Emily Beaumont Booker in Eynsford  (Read 2073 times)

Offline Patches

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Emily Beaumont Booker in Eynsford
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 14 August 16 16:31 BST (UK) »
Yes FreeReg has proved to be extremely helpful with the Eynsford area.

I guess I'm going to have to pay a visit to the Archives place again, love scrolling through microfilm lol
Kent - Jones, Wigley, Rigden, Philpott, Perry, Irwin, Booker, Durling, Saker, Venner, Nutting, Giles, McNalty, Burley, Crowhurst, Ford & Roots,
Sussex - Badcock,  Barden, Barham, Bridger, Carey, Courthope, Crampton, Ford, Wright, Dadswell, Okill, Elliott, Hepden, Jarrett, Foster, Marchant, Selmes and Warnett
Fife/Mayo - McNalty
Bucks - Folley & Spufford

Offline Rojar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 August 18 05:11 BST (UK) »
Hi
Just picked up your message (2016) re: Emily Devine.  I have attached a couple of docs that may help.
The "beaumont" has always confused the issue sometimes spelt "Bomont" and sometime used as the Surname.   I have been working on the Bookers for years now and think I have managed to sort out some of the problems, but I and always keen to be corrected.   I have a load more Booker Documents if you are interested.

Roger Hart

Offline Patches

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 02 September 18 22:56 BST (UK) »
Hi
Got your reply :) haven't looked at my Bookers for a couple of years and have been trying to remember what I did with them, I remember they were difficult, I then went paperless, had stroke (memory problems lol) so I attach a few docs.  So 2 Thomas Bookers born 1781, I chose Thomas and Eleanor Saker as parents, think because of the carpenter link with their family, although Boethius links to parents William and Elizabeth Pryer, but not absolutley sure why I put mine around the way I did, but in either case we both end up with John and Elizabeth Durling. 

After them we part ways, I opted for the local Booker family ties and you go down the Hogsflesh root, comment I put on my tree states "these seem more likely to be the Booker family from Eynsford, local family, Not William and Ann Hogsflesh, who are from Sussex, I doubt a young man Booker would be courting/travelling with family over Sussex, Margate, Eynsford with Alice birthing/burying children on the way in the 1670s, more likely Alice Hogsflesh married a local Booker boy from the local Booker family, also not one tree I have seen provides any source/proof/guess of Booker/Hogsflesh senario?"  Probably a bit harsh, oops, I did research the Hogsflesh option but couldn't make it fit.

I am also not sure about Ann Ashdown from Sussex, it's a long way to go courting in 1600/1700s when your working in Kent 7 days a week like they did?  Also Anne Ashdown is already the wife of my 8xGreat Uncle, and becoming my 1stcousin9xr on another line would make a huge mess of my tree.  Also one is Ann and the other Anne, trust me, from someone with Ann as a middle name, the spelling is crucial, with e/without e lol.

So I attach a few doc/notes and am happy to receive any info which helps prove/disprove the above, my tree is on Ancestry, if your interested let me know.

Thanks for your help
Dee (your distant cousin, somehow)

Kent - Jones, Wigley, Rigden, Philpott, Perry, Irwin, Booker, Durling, Saker, Venner, Nutting, Giles, McNalty, Burley, Crowhurst, Ford & Roots,
Sussex - Badcock,  Barden, Barham, Bridger, Carey, Courthope, Crampton, Ford, Wright, Dadswell, Okill, Elliott, Hepden, Jarrett, Foster, Marchant, Selmes and Warnett
Fife/Mayo - McNalty

Offline Patches

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 02 September 18 23:00 BST (UK) »
Plus these notes  or not as it won't let me attach them, changed its name it works now
Fife/Mayo - McNalty

Offline Rojar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 07 September 18 04:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Dee
So sorry to hear about your medical problems, hope all is now on the mend; mind you the 'Bookers' may well have given you the condition in the first place   :).

Thanks for throwing yet another spanner in the works, just when I thought I had it straight.   Regarding the Saker/Pryer conundrum I have an early Gen. report that explains why I went down that track (I will send copy but will need to do it by email) but I am still working on any evidence to the contrary.

Regarding marriages outside the Eynsford area you must remember that the two Booker Brothers, who we believe originated in Margate and came to the Darenth valley in the 1600's were Carpenter Journeymen who would have moved around a lot with their work, it was only with my GG Grandfather that they settled down as Estate Carpenters at Lullingstone .

I will check further the Ashdowne connection but if you say she married your G8 Uncle I am afraid he must be a bigamist because she married Thomas Booker at Lullingstone  (1709 July 21 Thomas Booker Anne Ashdown -- Lullingstone Parish Registers)

If you want to let me have your email address I will send a list of docs Etc, in case you have already got some.

Cheers
Roger Hart