Author Topic: Robert Lloyd christened 8 Nov 1801 Bristol Gloucester looking for his parents.  (Read 711 times)

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi

I have a Christening record for my 3 x Great Grandfather Robert Lloyd christened 8th November 1801 Bristol Gloucester, the son of a George Lloyd and Elizabeth (maiden name unknown) well I am now looking to find out his mother's maiden name and also the marriage record of Robert Lloyd's parents  George Lloyd and Elizabeth somewhere in Gloucester, and would really appreciate any help with this.

Thanks

Elizlloyd
Way, Haydon, Sharland, Frost, Gunn, Searles, Carew, Jones, Gould, Smith, Featherstone, Lloyd,

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Lloyd christened 8 Nov 1801 Bristol Gloucester looking for his parents.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 August 16 23:13 BST (UK) »
Have you already discounted the 1797 marriage on Family Search - spouse Elizabeth Davis?

https://familysearch.org/search
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Lloyd christened 8 Nov 1801 Bristol Gloucester looking for his parents.
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 August 16 07:18 BST (UK) »
There is a link on Rootschat Gloucestershire 15 November 2010.

re: Robert Lloyd (wife Elizabeth)

his son: George Robert LLOYD - christened at St Philip & St Jacob - 28 September 1828

Apart from the marriage of George Lloyd to Elizabeth DAVIS 7 June 1797 at St Nicholas Bristol

There is also a marriage at Bristol on Family Search of

George LLOYD to Elizabeth CROOK - at Bristol St James - 3 September 1797

Robert LLOYD was christened 8 November 1801 St Philip & St Jacobs

?

George LLOYD married Elizabeth FLOWER - 5 November 1816 at St Philip & St Jacobs

---

Have you checked the Bristol Records office - on line lists of Wills/Catalogue info etc.

http://archives.bristol.gov.uk

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 03 October 17 20:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Capetown,

Thank you for your message quoted below.. for me Im struggling to find out which Robert Lloyd's parents out of these two noted below are..and would welcome some help.  As Robert Lloyd was christened 8th November 1801 Bristol Gloucester at St Philip & St Jacob.  How do I go about finding out which couple are the correct ones am keen to find out more about the Lloyd family in Bristol.

George Lloyd to Elizabeth DAVIS 7 June 1797 at St Nicholas Bristol

Thank  you
There is a link on Rootschat Gloucestershire 15 November 2010.

re: Robert Lloyd (wife Elizabeth)

his son: George Robert LLOYD - christened at St Philip & St Jacob - 28 September 1828

Apart from the marriage of George Lloyd to Elizabeth DAVIS 7 June 1797 at St Nicholas Bristol

There is also a marriage at Bristol on Family Search of

Robert LLOYD was christened 8 November 1801 St Philip & St Jacobs

?

George LLOYD married Elizabeth FLOWER - 5 November 1816 at St Philip & St Jacobs

---

Have you checked the Bristol Records office - on line lists of Wills/Catalogue info etc.

http://archives.bristol.gov.uk
Way, Haydon, Sharland, Frost, Gunn, Searles, Carew, Jones, Gould, Smith, Featherstone, Lloyd,