Author Topic: George Son of John Hood bapt Gateshead 1st Oct 1786, any info please?  (Read 17494 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: George Son of John Hood bapt Gateshead 1st Oct 1786, any info please?
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 19 October 16 04:14 BST (UK) »

So if Elizabeth Hood nee Gibson passed away, John Hood could have remarried a Mary, they could be the Hoods that pass away in Selby.

I wish it was that easy :)

Burial place - ?

An--ELIZABETH  HOOD born  1759  death 1842 aged 83 ASHBY  Suffolk  (Near Lowestoft)

William Cook was native origins of Lowestoft ?

http://search.findmypast.co.uk/results/world-records/national-burial-index-for-england-and-wales?firstname=elizabeth&firstname_variants=true&lastname=hood&yearofbirth=1759&yearofbirth_offset=0&yearofdeath=1842&yearofdeath_offset=2

No FreeBmd GRO death 1842 Suffolk  of above Elizabeth Hood

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 19 October 16 09:07 BST (UK) »
What a good find :)

Here's the registration:

Mar. Qtr. 1842

Name: Elizabeth Hood
District: Mutford & c.
Vol: 13
Page: 341

Just looked for any other burials at St. Mary, Ashby - just one.

Richard Hood buried 19 Nov. 1844 aged 84.  :-\

EDIT: Richard and Elizabeth Hood together in Ashby 1841 census.
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 19 October 16 11:10 BST (UK) »
1841 census Ashby Hall, Ashby:
Richard Hood 75 Ag Lab Born in County
Elizabeth Hood, 8, Born in County
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 19 October 16 11:41 BST (UK) »
Hi

Thank you all for your help.

I have updated Reply #42 and clearer im. extracts.

Because of the reference to 'Pearl' and a Petition number in the separate Wills Calendar, I have contacted the Archives for assistance, regarding a possible Petition in relation to this Will and will obtain any copies.

Regards Mark

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 19 October 16 11:48 BST (UK) »
Them bond allegation ages at intent to marry have been known to be wrong anyway ie:- Elizabeth Gibson b 1759 by age at intent to marry.(blind love the root of many a fib  ;D) at a guess suggest - knock 3 years off (say she was circa 17 or 18 working away from home like a maid/cook)

1760 to 1764

age at death +/- 2 years  Full acceptable range for Lizzy born 1757 to 1766 and a tiddly bit more
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 19 October 16 14:23 BST (UK) »

I do have access to HoC Parliamentary Papers, nothing readily jumping out at me regarding Joshua Hood or the other fella whose name has disappeared :)

There is a mention of a 'George Hood' from collections at York, being fined 5s in 1830 for 'permit and goods not agreeing'  :)
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 19 October 16 15:50 BST (UK) »
Hello All

Thanks for your replies.

The 9th November 1795 Will of Joshua Hood Quarter Master of H. M. Ship Commerce de Marseilles, is from the Admiralty (ADM 48) Series reference documents at Kew.

John Hood of North Shields was the Brother of this Joshua Hood Quarter Master, see the Will extracts.

I attach a piece about the ship from the Cumberland Pacquet, 30th June 1795, with reference to this ship being brought away by Lord Hood from Toulon, December, 1793.

I will see what else I can find.

Regards Mark

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 19 October 16 15:55 BST (UK) »
So if Elizabeth Hood nee Gibson passed away, John Hood could have remarried a Mary, they could be the Hoods that pass away in Selby.

There seems to be some gaps in the Tynemouth BT's as it skips from Dec 1787 burials to Baptisms starting Jan 1792.   1793 is then missing altogether.

Within this period there is a marriage between John Wood & Mary Cuitt.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N6P3-VL2

13/5/1796 – James s/o William Glenton & Elizabeth Hood of Shire Moor, Pitman - Elizabeth's surname not mentioned on the BT.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NDN1-CRN
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ip9/

Shire Moor was the abode for the 1793 1783 baptism of Eleanor d/o John Hood, Mariner  :-\

Also found a transcription of a marriage between William Glenton & Elizabeth Wood, Tynemouth 1788:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N6P3-35P

I cant remember now if anyone traced what happened to Elizabeth d/o George Hood baptised All Saints 1767, but a 1788 marriage would put her at 21 years old. 

I think the original PR really needs examining, as the transcripts often omit important additional detail, never mind the confusion between Hood & Wood.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile