Author Topic: Eaton family. York Ontario  (Read 1579 times)

Offline mrsruz

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Eaton family. York Ontario
« on: Thursday 25 August 16 08:02 BST (UK) »
Looking for family of my Dad's cousin  Kenneth Eaton, born 1919 in Toronto.
His parents were George Patrick Eaton, b 1888 Birmingham, England, died 1931 Toronto and Ann Maria Sewell....Annie.... born 1887 Birmingham, England, Died 1965 York, Ontario.
Kenneth was married twice.....wives Vera and Margaret. No other details. He had 2 sons, Dennis and Barry. Again no other details. Kenneth came to England for a visit just after the war ended.
His last known address was 253 Kennedy Rd  York, Ontario where he was living in 1949 with an unnamed wife and his mother Annie.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Eaton family. York Ontario
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 August 16 11:36 BST (UK) »
Do you know his exact date of birth as there is a Kenneth G Eaton birth year 27 Jan 1920 Toronto on a San Juan Puerto Rico USA   record in transit to Canada.. Address he gives is 8 .Crestwood Drive Scarborough Ontario  he is at this address in 1963 occupation Real Estate Agent with a Mrs Agnes Eaton

1957 /1958 He is with Mrs Margaret Eaton and Annie Eaton ( retired ) same occupation living Kingston Road York Ontario / Hill Crescent York Ontario ...Annie was in Lawrence Avenue York Ontario in 1963
1972 Sheppard Avenue York Scarborough Ontario
Mr Kenneth  G Eaton ( broker )
Mrs Nancy Eaton
Rosie

Offline mrsruz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 August 16 14:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosie.
Thanks for that.
Don't understand the ref to Puerto Rico, and don't have an exact birth date. On the 1921 census his age is given as 1 year 6 months, so Jan 1920 would seem reasonable.
No idea what he did for a living and don't recognise the name Agnes.
When Auntie Annie died she was living in a retirement home at 2950 Lawrence Avenue Scarborough.
That was in 1963.
I have a vague recollection of Kenneth visiting my grandmother in the late 1940s in Birmingham, but I was only about 4 at the time.
I have my grandmother's photo album containing pictures of Kenneth with one of the wives.....I think Margaret and one labelled Dennis and Barry showing a young man and a toddler although no indication of which was which. Sadly Gran wasn't very literate so her notes take some deciphering.
I imagine that the elder boy would be a similar age to me, as Dad and Kenneth were pretty much the same age.
I  don't have access to Canadian records and don't know if there is a census available after 1921.

Marion

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 25 August 16 14:53 BST (UK) »
No census available after 1921 just Electoral Rolls Yes Annie Eaton at 2950 Lawrence Avenue Scarborough Ontario in 1963...Might not be your Kenneth hard to say
Rosie

Offline mrsruz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 26 August 16 14:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks for looking Rosie

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 26 August 16 18:04 BST (UK) »
Found an obit that could be for your Margaret. 

Margaret Eaton died April 3 1996 at the Toronto East General Hospital.  Son D and his wife H (D is what you have... but not sure if he is still living, so we probably shouldn't use the full name).  Grandchildren D (male, not the same name as father.. will PM you) and H (female, not the same name as her mother).  She will also be missed by her sisters Helen, Ruth and brother Jim. 

No mention of husband, place of burial, maiden name or an age!  So, might not be her ???  Funeral home address is Kingston Road - that is in Scarborough.  Right name, son's name and location.

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 26 August 16 18:13 BST (UK) »
Found an obituary for Barry Eaton... Globe and Mail, Oct 11, 1976, page 29.

Barry Eaton died in Toronto on Oct 10 1976.  Husband of J,  son of Margaret and Ken Eaton.  Brother of Dennis.  Interment Resthaven Memorial Gardens.

RK

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 26 August 16 18:32 BST (UK) »
Good find RunKitty  :)
Rosie

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 26 August 16 18:32 BST (UK) »
Found an obit for the Kenneth G Eaton married to Nancy (found by Rosie above)

Kenneth George Eaton died at North York General Hospital on Oct 26, 1976.  Husband of Nancy Spiers.  Father of E, J (both daughters) and son D (same name you have for your Ken's son).  Son of Annie Eaton. 

No age given, no mention of place of burial.   ??? 

RK