Author Topic: Marriage for Margaret Currie  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage for Margaret Currie
« Reply #9 on: Friday 02 September 16 07:40 BST (UK) »
Another thing, Neil and Emelia Currie were both still alive in 1922 so it seems very unlikely that their daughter Margaret would list someone else as her nearest relative in Scotland.

I think I've found Neil and Emelia's daughter Margaret on the 1911 Scotland census listed as a sister-in-law/visitor in the household of Duncan Hall. They are the only two listed but Duncan Hall was married to Catherine Currie.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline Dooker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 11 September 16 20:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Jacquie

Thanks for reply , Sept 2nd.  Seems I have confused everyone.  Neil & Emelia Currie's
daughter Margaret did marry William Mitchell and go to Canada. 

Researching I was unable to find another Margaret Currie , but now  know that Neil and Emelia,s daughter is not the one to marry Duncan Hyndman.  Just to let you know I was very much acquainted with  Neil and Emelia's daughter Euphemia Currie, married to Neil Muir.  She, Euphemia, was known to me as Granny Muir and lived across the street from me.   Her grandaughters gave me the information about Margaret and William Mitchell  I also believe that all you hear is not true but that is what makes Ancestry so interesting.

Now I shall research the information you gave me about Annie Currie & John McFarlane.  Lots of McFarlanes in Tarbert. Thanks for the information.

Thanks  Dooker

Offline Dooker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 14 September 16 14:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Jacquie,

Have found Margaret Currie and siblings.  4 children born in South Knapdale, now Tarbert. 2 children  born in Island of Gigha , Margaret was born 24 Aug 1874, in Killean which takes in Taylinloan as she said on the Immigration Cert Parents were Donald Currie and Margaret McIntyre. Will do further search on the family and try for the McFarlanes.

Thanks again for your help

Dooker